Chapter 19 - the angels ball

(Dawn’s POV)

Antonio had walked me outside of the palace and took me in a royal carriage with guard escorts. The horses were really Pegasus and they were flying to the palace as Antonio and I sat inside the carriage.

“So dawn I hear that you’re the new high queen of the wolves”.

“Yes but I don’t like it when people call me your highness an bowing to me an all that stuff”.

“Yes but for this event you’re going to have to live with it because since that you’re a royal people will be bowing to you an doing the stuff you don’t like.”

“I know”. I saw Antonio holding something in his hand. I looked at it closely an saw that it was a white mask.

“What’s that you have there”? Antonio looked at his hand before bringing out the mask. It was a simple white one with a lovely gem pattern on it.

“I was supposed to give this to you when we got there but it was a mask for the ball. Because it’s a masque ball”.

“Of course it is”. Antonio gave me the mask and I took it in my hands and placed it on my face. It only covered the area around my eyes and it exposed my mouth and noise. I saw Antonio smile before putting his on an showing off his wings. But then they disappeared. I jumped a bit before I looked at Antonio.

“Where did your wings go”.

“Oh they just went back into the harness I have on”.

“Oh right of course”. Then I placed my wings in my harness before I looked out the window and saw the palace. It was all white and glowing. The steps to the palace were huge and the lights were very bright around them.

Antonio got out of the carriage first before he held out his hand and I took it. I gently walked out of the carriage an walked up the stairs holding my dress while I walked up so that I didn’t trip. We both got to the end of the stairs an when I saw the inside everything was white except for some of the people who were wearing black.

I walked down the steps while I wrapped my arm in Antonio’s as we walked down the stairs. I saw some people had their wings out while others had there’s hidden. I walked down to the end of the stairs an Antonio directed me towards Lysander.

When we followed the path I found Lysander in a white suit with a white mask on and his white hair was all straight.

“Lysander”. He turned towards us and he looked at Antonio. He shook Antonio’s hand before looking at me.

“Hello Antonio. Glad you could come”. I loved his British accent but I also love the fact that he can’t tell that it’s me yet.

“who is your beautiful companion Antonio”.

“Oh Lysander meet Sarah, Sarah this is Lysander.”

“Lovely to meet you madam”. He grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it. Oh I like the way Antonio was thinking right now. But now it’s my turn to act the part.

“Lovely to meet you Lysander. Antonio here has told me a lot about you”. I was putting on my best British accent which worked for Lysander.

“Oh she’s British. I love that.” But then some waltzing music played. We all looked around the room for a bit before Lysander looked towards me.

“May I have this dance”? He bowed down an offered me his hand. Good thing my aunty taught me how to act like a royal.

“Most certainly”. I placed my hand in Lysander’s and he stood up. He walked slowly over to the centre of the ball room an swung me around. Now my hand was on his shoulder while holding his other hand and his hand was on my waist while the other was in my hand.