Chapter 9 - the lighting pack

We rode for a while in this desert until we came to what looked like a bushland. We had to go up a mountain pass which was just a road that went around the mountain. I was holding onto dusk while he kissed my forehead time to time. But then I heard thunder an so I grabbed an umbrella and pulled it up while the girls did the same. I held mine above dusk and he kissed me for a thank you.

“This looks like it’s going to be a big storm.”

“Yea we better find some shelter”. We all nodded an started to speed up a bit. But then each time we got closer to the top of the mountain the storm would get worse. But then it was at the point when the thunder would hit the road.

“This is wrong, the thunder is trying to hit us an it shouldn’t be doing that”. But then I saw a lightning bolt heading for us. I grabbed my staff an deflected it to the ground. 

“Now that isn’t right. We need to hurry an get to the top of the…” I saw a lightning bolt pass through my shoulder and I scream out. I lost my grip on dusk an fell of the bike. I fell over the edge of the road and was rolling down the mountain.

“DAWN”. I heard the bikes stop but I couldn’t see a thing because I was rolling down a massive mountain. I landed on something hard and I heard a thud. I couldn’t move because of all the pain in my body. I couldn’t get any feeling in my body until I felt the sizzling pain on my shoulder. I heard rustling in the bushes which made me shoot up my head. OUCH. My neck was killing me.

I looked around and saw nothing.

“DAWN ARE YOU OK”.

“what do you think dusk, I just got struck with a lightning bolt an fell of a bike down a 10 foot high cliff.”

“Right stupid question”. But then I heard more rustling. I shot my head up an saw blue wolfs coming closer to me. Ok this is not good. I tried to sit up but I couldn’t. I looked behind me an saw the wolfs get closer to me. I tried to shift but it was too painful. I saw the wolfs snarling at me but I was really getting scared now.

I saw one of the blue wolfs come forward. He was darker than the others. Im guessing he is an alpha. He growled at me and just warned me to get out. I tried to whimper but it was too hard. Instead I did the only thing I could think of. I growled at him as loud as I could. He growled back at me even louder and I growled again. He growled one more time before scratching me on my arm. I screamed out as the pain came flooding into me. I wanted to show him I was greater than him but all he did was just smirk at me an walked back to the others.

Ok now he has really pissed me off. I turned onto my stomach gently and pushed myself up with my good arm. I looked at the wolf with white eyes an I started to growl. The wolves looked at me an started to bark out laughing. I started to growl higher and higher which got them to stop. I took in a deep breath an calmed myself down. But then an there when I was about to let the growl out a white energy source appeared around me. I didn’t pay attention to that an just continued on the growl. When I was ready I growled. It was so loud that the entire forest shook. A saw the energy above me an it formed a white glowing wolf.

I saw all of the wolfs shift into human form and look terrified. I growled louder and louder until I shifted into a wolf and started to make the men run. But before I could finish lighting struck me and I screamed out. I changed from wolf to human before I became human an fell unconscious on the ground. The only thing I remember hearing was dusk calling my name.

……………………………………

I was tired of all this getting injured stuff. I would always wake up in my room with either bandages or something wrapped around a piece of my body. I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was black. Wait my room wasn’t black. I shot up but screamed silently in pain. I looked down an saw that half of my body was wrapped up in bandages. So was my shoulder. I lay back down an had a look around the room.