Own My Heart

Description: In a different reality, a persons attraction is shown through a small heart spirit that will try and bring the two together, and for poor Peter Stark, he's helplessly in love with someone else.

A/N: I think y'all deserve some fluff. I'm feeling generous. Plays along with Walk Me Home by P!nk.

Words: 797

☆ ☆ ☆

There's something in the way you roll your eyes

Peter often finds himself waiting for Carina as she walked into school. He knows that he was told many times to stay away from her but he couldn't help himself.

Takes me back to a better time
When I saw everything is good

Carina is the adopted daughter of Steve and Bucky. Peter's father doesn't really trust the two despite the fact that Tony adores Carina.

But now you're the only thing that's good
Tryna stand up on my own two feet
This conversation ain't comin' easily

Peter's heart starts to thump out of his chest as  watches Carina smile happily down at whatever she's looking at down on her phone.

And darling, I know it's getting late
So what do you say we leave this place?

Carina apparently knew somebody was staring at her and turned. Startled, Peter fell backwards out of the tree he had been sitting in. Peter scrambled hide himself as Peter's spirit moved around in his hands.

Walk me home in the dead of night
I can't be alone with all that's on my mind, mhm

Peter opened his hands to look down at the spirit that sat dormant there. When suddenly the spirit seemed to gain a mind of its own. The small red glowing spider quickly sped away chasing after Carina.

So say you'll stay with me tonight
'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside

Peter yelped and chased after the spirit that was speeding towards Carina. The young girl completely unaware of what was going on.

There's something in the way I wanna cry
That makes me think we'll make it out alive

Peter was having a running battle as he frantically chased the spirit around trying to avoid Carina's wandering gaze.

So come on and show me how we're good
I think that we could do some good, mhm

Peter had finally caught the spirit and sat against another tree trying to catch his breath. The light from the spirit seemed to have dimmed yet it didn't disappear as Peter had expected. Instead, it took off again.

Walk me home in the dead of night
I can't be alone with all that's on my mind, mhm

Carina has just entered the school when a spirit flew in front of her face. She played with the spirit and some other student watched her wondering what was going on.

So say you'll stay with me tonight
'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside

The spirit landed in her hands and Carina smiled softly at the wandering spirit. Just as Carina was about to look for the person, Peter stepped in front of her grabbing onto the spirit.

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Much to both teens surprise, the spirit refused to let go. As Peter yanked, Carina watched as the spirit started to seemingly pull itself apart. She was about to say something when the spirit tore completely and Peter took off with one half. The murmuring from other students becoming clear to her as Peter took off.

Walk me home in the dead of night

Peter leaned back against the tree he had been sitting in. His face burned a bright red with embarrassment as he stared down at the ripped spirit.

'Cause I can't be alone with all that's on my mind

Peter tensed when Carina suddenly kneeled down in front of him. Peter watched sadly as Carina held the other half. No words were spoken as the girl moved down to put the pieces of the spirit back together.

Say you'll stay with me tonight
'Cause there is so much wrong going on

Peter's eyes widened as the spirit started to move and was made whole again. It glowed bright as it flew around. Small giggles coming from Carina as it flew around her. When their eyes locked again.

Walk me home in the dead of night
I can't be alone with all that's on my mind

Carina held out her hand and a bright yellow flower appeared in her hand. A small gasp came from Peter as the yellow flower went flying around him.

So say you'll stay with me tonight

Soon both spirits started to fly around each other. The teens watched as the spirits merged together before forming two hearts that were stuck together. One red and one yellow.

'Cause there is so much wrong

Peter was wide eyed as Carina grabbed onto his hands. The spirits flew around them and Carina grabbed onto Peter's face and pulled him into a kiss. Peter wasted no time in reciprocating the action.

There is so much wrong
There is so much wrong going on outside

Peter has found his soulmate.