I Can't Believe It

Summary: A surge of energy causes mass panic.

A/N: Yes that is a terrible description. You'll get why.

☆ ☆ ☆

"Hey Pete look at me. Dad's right here" Tony says cupping the uninjured side of Peter's face in his hand.

"Papa's here too buddy. We're both here" Steve adds grabbing Peter's uninjured hand.

"Hurts" is all Peter is able to say his breaths coming out raggedly.

"I know buddy. We're gonna get you help. Just gotta hang on" Tony exclaims looking over to see if any medical help was coming their way.

"No" Peter whispers shakily lifting his charred arm to his dad's face before saying another quiet "no".

"Pete..." Steve sighs letting his head fall as he knows what his son is thinking.

"Kid I can't lose you again. We can't. Please" Tony begs letting tears fall from his eyes.

Peter opens his mouth to say something when his hand starts to break apart into bits of light. The stones clatter to the ground as the boys body continues to disappear.

"No. No. Peter no" Tony cries watching his son fade again.

"Love... you" Peter mumbles before his legs start to go as well.

"We love you too son. We love you too" Steve shakily whispers kissing Peter's forehead gently.

"Okay. I love you too" Tony shutters doing the same as Steve.

A small smile appears on Peter's face just as the light envelops his face and then flies away into the sky. The only thing left on the ground are the stones and a small gold coin with a spider on it.

Tony crumbles further to the ground hugging himself close. Steve is quick to pull his husband into his arms knowing how he must be feeling. Seeing your son crumble away twice is something nobody should ever have to endure.

"He's gone" Tony gasps out between sobs turning to face Steve.

Steve doesn't say anything in return. Instead, he just cries, holding what's left of his family close to him.

A giggle reaches Peter's ears as he comes to. When he opens them, he is shocked to be staring at a large forest as well as floating islands. Looking to his right whatever was giggling was looking the other way.

The girl looks over at the sound of Peter moving before she gasps and leans closer to him

"So you're awake" she says smiling happily.

Peter can't help himself but to stare at the girls bright smile and glowing blue eyes.

"Well don't just stare that's not very nice" she huffs smirking when Peter shakes his head wildly.