35.| I WILL NOT SAY GOODBYE

FREE OF THE WEBS, THEY MADE IT out onto the runway.

Steve and the other three approached, gazing over them all. She offered a small smile and he nodded back, before turning to Sam.

"Quinjet's in hangar five?"

"Yep."

"Good. Let's move."

They turned around and started down the runway, toward the location of the quinjet. Eris moved at Steve's side, feet thudding against the cement— when a sudden stream of red energy cut them off.

Vision floated through the air, the stone in his head glowing dimly.

"Captain Rogers, I know you believe you're doing what is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now."

Footsteps sounded at their backs. They all whirled around.

Tony's team.

The other group slowed and approached slowly, the eyes of Tony's suit glowing. Sam shifted and shot Steve a cautious look. "What do we do, Cap?"

He started forward. "We fight."

A knot formed in Eris's stomach. But she forced her legs forward, never dreading a battle so much. She tended to live for the fight. The rush of adrenaline.

This was different.

She moved forward and her footsteps turned into a run. Running toward battle, heart beat echoing in her ears, determination burning in her blood. The shadows screamed. They wanted out, they wanted blood.

But this wasn't a team she could hurt.

Maybe once.

But not anymore.

She met Natasha's swing and blocked, kicking the woman back. Past months of training had given her time to learn all her moves. Ducking, a round-kick, blow to the chest. Natasha's head snapped sideways and when she looked back, her green eyes glowed.

Blood formed at the corner of her mouth.

"Just like all those sessions, Schmidt? Didn't know it was going to bite me in the ass."

"To be fair, I hadn't agreed with the plan to play nice in the first place."

Natasha smirked and feinted sideways, catching her with a kick to the side. Eris stumbled back and the woman swept out her legs, taking her down to the ground.

Seeing stars, Eris rolled.

A blast of blue electricity barely missed her face.

"Where are the gauntlets I gave you?"

She shoved herself up, facing the woman. "With Sinthea."

Natasha looked taken off guard. Eris set her jaw.