EXTENDED SUMMARY

ERIS SCHMIDT WAS BORN WITH A BAD NAME.

Not just because she was directly related to the Red Skull, no. Some people say one's name paves the path for their future. Given the name Edith, and you're suddenly everyone's grandmother. Given the name Eris, goddess of discord and strife, and damn, you have a rough future ahead.

Johann Schmidt was a firm believer in the gods. So it only made sense he named his only daughter after death and destruction.

But Eris had always been less of a daughter and more of an experiment. So when the scientific head of Hydra, Daniel Whitehall, claimed to have found an artifact that nobody can touch and survive, she was shipped off within the day.

'Dad of the Year' award for the Red Skull. Right?

But despite the odds, Eris managed to not only hold the Obelisk, but survive its touch. Sure of her future uses, she's put on ice until experimentation can take place.

Except, things don't go to plan.

And for HYDRA, World War II was lost.

Years pass and Earth faces new challenges. Gods, aliens, HYDRA again, an AI gone crazy. Eris wakes up to an entirely new world. One where the Red Skull is a name long since forgotten. One where her name is long since forgotten.

But each day is a new opportunity.

And Eris is determined to reclaim her crown.

~ SET BETWEEN AGE OF ULTRON AND CIVIL WAR ~

Pffft, am I re-writing this? You betcha. Not sure exactly where this is gonna go, but the first draft might be the death of me. So we're gonna try again. Yay!