Impossible

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

(3rd Person POV)

Aslan decided to start Athena with training the new troops that the recruits were sending in. Athena was training the troops in archery when she felt the pull of magic. All Athena could think is that Lucy must be back.

"Everyone take a break," Athena says before running to Aslan's tent. "Did you feel it?"

"I did," Aslan answers and then there is another pull.

"Someone must have followed this time. Let me go find them before the White Witch does," I plead to Aslan.

"No not this time. It needs to be all of them and not just two. This is the way that it is meant to be," Aslan explains. Athena nods her head before returning to training. Meanwhile, Lucy is on her way back to the wardrobe after having seen Tumnus.
"Edmund?" Lucy asks as she sees him in Narnia. "Oh, Edmund! You got in too! Isn't it wonderful?"

"Where have you been?" Edmund asks completely ignoring Lucy's question.

"With Mr. Tumnus. He's fine. The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him meeting me," Lucy answers.

"The White Witch?" Edmund asks confused.

"She calls herself the Queen of Narnia, but she really isn't," Lucy answers and Edmund realizes who she is talking about. "Are you all right? You look awful."

"Well, what'd you expect? I mean, it's freezing. How do we get out of here?" Edmund says kind of rudely.

"Come on. This way," Lucy says leading him back to the wardrobe. As soon as they are out of the wardrobe, Lucy runs to go tell Peter. "Peter, Peter, wake up! Peter, wake up!" Lucy wakes Peter from his dream about the girl. "It's there! It's really there!"

"Shh. Lucy, what are you talking about?" Peter asks.

"Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe like I told you!" Lucy answers excitedly.

"You've just been dreaming, Lucy," Peter says and Susan joins them hearing the commotion.

"But I haven't! I saw Mr. Tumnus again! And this time Edmund went too," Lucy explains.

"You... You saw the faun?" Peter asks Edmund.

"Well, he didn't actually go there with me. He... What were you doing, Edmund?" Lucy says.

"I was just playing along. I'm sorry, Peter. I shouldn't have encouraged her, but you know what little children are like these days. They just don't know when to stop pretending," Edmund explains rudely. Lucy runs from the room crying. She bumps into Digory before hugging him and crying more. Peter and Susan had followed Lucy.

"You children are one shenanigan shy of sleepin' in the stable!" Macready says not seeing the Digory yet. "Professor. I'm sorry. I told them you were not to be disturbed."

"It's all right, Mrs. Macready. I'm sure there's an explanation. But first of all, I think this one is in need of a little hot chocolate," Digory says looking down at Lucy.

"Come along, dear," Macready says leading Lucy to the kitchen. Peter and Susan try to go back to their rooms but Digory catches them and they go to his office.

"You seem to have upset the delicate internal balance of my housekeeper," Digory states.

"We're very sorry, sir. It won't happen again," Peter apologizes.

"It's our sister, sir. Lucy," Susan explains.

"The weeping girl," Digory states.

"Yes, sir. She's upset," Susan continues.

"Hence the weeping," Digory says.

"It's nothing. We can handle it," Peter says reading to leave the room.

"Oh, I can see that," Digory states.

"She thinks she's found a magical land. In the upstairs wardrobe," Susan explains.

"What did you say?" Digory asks very interested now.

"Um, the wardrobe, upstairs. Lucy thinks she's found a forest inside. She thinks there was a girl living here that went back with her. She won't stop going on about it," Susan explains.

"What was it like?" Digory asks remembering Narnia. Athena must have gone back, Digory thinks.

"Like talking to a lunatic," Susan answers.

"No, no, no, not her. The forest," Digory corrects.

"You're not saying you believe her?" Peter asks.

"You don't?" Digory asks.

"But of course not. I mean, logically, it's impossible," Susan answers.

"What do they teach in schools these days?" Digory asks more to himself.

"Edmund said they were only pretending," Peter says.

"And he's usually the more truthful one, is he?" Digory asks.

"No. This would be the first time," Peter answers.

"Well, if she's not mad and she's not lying, then logically we must assume she's telling the truth," Digory explains.

"You're saying that we should just believe her?" Susan asks.

"She's your sister, isn't she? You're her family. You might just try acting like one," Digory states. Peter and Susan leave the room and everyone goes to sleep. The next morning everyone is outside playing.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter says before tossing the ball. He hits Edmund because Edmund isn't paying attention. "Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream."

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asks wanting to go back to Narnia.

"I thought you said it was a kid's game," Susan states.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air," Peter says.

"It's not like there isn't air inside," Edmund states.

"Are you ready?" Peter asks getting ready to throw the ball again.

"Are you?" Edmund asks. Peter throws the ball and Edmund hits it. When Edmund hits it, the ball busts a window on the house. Everyone runs inside to find the window shattered and a suit of armor knocked over.

"Well done, Ed," Peter says.

"You bowled it!" Edmund defends himself.

"What on earth is goin' on?" They hear Macready.

"The Macready!" Susan says panicked.

"Come on!" Peter says and they all take off running.

"No, no, back, back, back!" Edmund says as they go to enter a hallway. Everywhere they go they hear Macready. Finally, they are in the hallway that has the door to the room to the wardrobe. Edmund runs into the room and opens the wardrobe. "Come on!"

"Oh, you've got to be joking," Susan says before they all run and get in. Peter peeks out the door until he hears someone at the room door.

"Get back!" Peter says and they all start moving back.

"My toe!" Susan exclaims.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund says.

"Move back," Lucy says.

"Will you stop shoving?" Peter asks before him and Susan fall back into the snow.

"Impossible," Susan says.