The Princess

CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

(Athena POV)

I resurface a little way down and pull myself out of the river. I whistle for Alistair and a few minutes later he is standing in front of me. I stand up before getting on him.

"Take me to camp," I say as I lean on his neck. He takes off in the direction of camp. We make it there in record time and head straight for Aslan's tent. Everyone bows as I enter camp before going back to what they were originally doing. I get off of Alistair and run inside as we reach the ledge where Aslan's tent is set up. "They're coming. The Beavers are leading them here." Aslan nods.

"Go change and rest while we await their arrival," Aslan orders and I leave the tent. I head to my tent which also held two other cots for the girls. I change into a dress and braid my hair before leaving my tent. I then take Alistair and unsaddle him before brushing him.

"You did amazing," I tell him before giving him a pat and letting him go graze. I then walk over to the ledge where Aslan's tent is and where Oreius stands guard. I then sit beside Oreius and rest until the Pevensies and the beavers arrive.

(3rd Person POV)

Everyone gets out of the river and Mrs. Beaver assesses her fur.

"Lovely," Mrs. Beaver says she shakes her fur out. Peter holds up Lucy's jacket and they notice that she and Athena are nowhere to be seen.

"What have you done?" Susan asks Peter panicked. "Lucy!"

"Lucy!" Peter calls panicked.

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy asks as she comes over with her arms wrapped around herself and a few tears coming down her face.

"Don't you worry, dear. Your brother's got you well looked after," Mrs. Beaver says as Peter puts her coat around her shoulders.

"Where's Athena?" Peter asks worriedly. She had looked just like the girl from his dreams. He thought that she was truly beautiful. He felt oddly protective of her.

"She saved me before the current pulled her under," Lucy explains sadly and Peter felt his heart hurt at the thought of her being gone.

"And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore," Mr. Beaver explains as they turn and see a lushes green forest. They then continue their journey towards Aslan's camp and hope that Athena makes it there as well. After traveling for about two hours they walk onto a hill that overlooks Aslan's camp. Hundreds of soldiers could be seen preparing for the war that is to come.