The Prophecy

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

(3rd Person POV)

"Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee." They come up to Mr. Beaver's home.

"It's lovely," Lucy says.

"It's merely a trifle. Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is, though," Mr. Beaver explains.

"Beaver, is that you?" Mrs. Beaver asks as she comes outside. "I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with Badger again, I... Oh! Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day. Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" Mrs. Beaver tries to fix her fur.

"I'd have given a week if I thought it would've helped," Mr. Beaver says before heading inside.

"Oh, come inside, and we'll see if we can't get you some food, and some civilized company. Now, careful. Watch your step. Excuse the mess," Mrs. Beaver says as they go inside.

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Peter asks.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's. You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again," Mr. Beaver explains.

"Fish 'n' chips? But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope," Mrs. Beaver says.

"Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move and the Angel of Narnia has returned.

"Who's Aslan and the Angel?" Edmund asks as confused as everyone else.

"Who's Aslan and the Angel?" Mr. Beaver copies him while laughing. "You cheeky little blighter." Mr. Beaver continues laughing but Mrs. Beaver nudges him. "What?" She points at the confused children. "You don't know, do you?"

"We haven't exactly been here long," Peter explains.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia. He's been away for a long while. But he's just got back!" Mr. Beaver says.

"The Angel is the Princess of course. She has just return from out of nowhere," Mrs. Beaver explains.

"And they're waitin' for you near the Stone Table!" Mr. Beaver explains. Edmund sneaks out unnoticed and heads for the Witch's castle.

"They're waiting for us?" Lucy asks.

"You're bloomin' joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver says.

"Well, then..." Mrs. Beaver says to get him to explain.

"Look. Aslan's return, the Angel's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver explains.

You're blaming us?" Susan asks.

"No! Not blaming. Thanking you," Mrs. Beaver says.

"There's a prophecy. 'When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, alongside the true hope of Narnia, the evil time will be over and done.'" Mr. Beaver explains.

"That doesn't really rhyme," Susan says.

"I know it don't. You're kinda missin' the point!" Mr. Beaver says.

"It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve, with the Princess, will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia," Mrs. Beaver explains.

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asks.

"You'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army and the Angel has trained them," Mr. Beaver answers.

"Our army?" Lucy asks.

"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Susan says to Peter.

"I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes," Peter says.

"We're from Finchley," Susan says and the Beavers look at each other confused. "Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go." Susan stands up.

"No, you can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver says and Peter stands up too.

"He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus," Lucy says.

"It's out of our hands. I'm sorry, but it's time the four of us were getting home," Peter says before turning to look for Edmund. "Ed? Ed? I'm gonna kill him."

"You may not have to. Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?" Mr. Beaver asks. Everyone but Mrs. Beaver rushes out and heads in the direction of Edmund tracks.

"Hurry!" Peter says. They see Edmund heading inside the castle. "Edmund!"

"Shh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver says grabbing Peter.

"No! Get off!" Peter says.

"You're playing into her hands," Mr. Beaver says.

"We can't just let him go!" Peter says.

"He's our brother!" Susan says.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all four of you!" Mr. Beaver explains.

"Why?" Lucy asks.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill you!" Mr. Beaver answers.

"This is all your fault," Susan says to Peter.

"My fault?" Peter asks.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me!" Susan answers.

"You knew this would happen," Peter states.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we could!" Susan says.

"Stop it! This isn't going to help Edmund," Lucy reasons.

"She's right. Only Aslan and the Angel can help your brother now," Mr. Beaver says.

"Then take us to them," Peter states.