Edmund! Athena! It Is Finished

CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

(3rd Person POV)

Back at the battle...

"Fire," Edmund calls and a centaur fires an arrow that Phoenix comes from. The Phoenix makes a wall of fire between the armies, trying to slow the attack of the White Witch's army. The Narnian army cheers and Peter raises his helmet. The White Witch uses her wand to make ice which puts the fire out.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rocks!" Peter yells as he waves his sword around. A centaur then blows the signal horn.

"That's the signal. Come on!" Mr. Beaver call as they all rush to the rocks. As the army falls back to the rocks Edmund signals the archers, who fire taking out the Witch's army. A dwarf from the Witch's army shoots the unicorn that Peter is riding. Peter is thrown from the unicorn and loses his helmet in the process.

"Peter!" Athena calls out in worry. Oreuis, Athena, and a rhino all stop retreating. Athena hops off of Alistair. "Run!" Alistair then runs into the rocks. Oreius and the rhino then charge towards the Witch's army or more specifically the White Witch.

"STOP!" Peter calls out to Oreius and the rhino as they pass him. Athena runs to Peter's side. The rhino kills many of the Witch's army before he is taken down. Oreius continues to charge at the White Witch. Oreius kills the minotaur that was the White Witch's general along the way. Oreius gives a battle cry as he jumps at the White Witch. Oreius slices at her and misses. As he goes to attack again, the White Witch turns him to stone and knocks him over. Peter looks around and sees that the Narnians are losing. "Edmund! There's too many! Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" Peter yells at Edmund before turning to fight off a Minotaur. Athena helps Peter with the Minotaur. "Athena, get out of here!"

"No! We are in this together!" Athena yells back before she continues fighting.

"You heard him! Let's go!" Mr. Beaver says as he starts dragging Edmund up the rocks. Edmund stops as he sees the White Witch start to head toward Peter and Athena. "Peter said get out of here!" Edmund unsheathes his sword.

"Peter's not king yet," Edmund says before he charges toward the Witch. Edmund jumps from behind the Witch and almost hits her wand. The Witch moves just in time and goes to stab Edmund with the wand but he dodges and swings his sword, breaking the wand. A bright blue light shines as the wand is broken, which gains Athena's and Peter's attention. The White Witch then quickly disarms Edmund of his sword with her own before stabbing him in the stomach with the broken wand.

"Edmund!" Peter yells in a broken voice as Edmund falls. The White Witch then throws her wand away. Athena being the closest attacks the White Witch next. Athena has her sword in one hand and one of her sias in the other. Athena and the White Witch both strike and block. Athena finally manages to cut the White Witch's arm. The White Witch then gets the upper hand knocking Athena down. During this time Peter is fighting his hardest to get to them. The White Witch steps on Athena's wrist making her drop her sword. The Witch goes to deliver the final blow to Athena's head, but Athena rolls and dodges the blow. Athena pulls out her other sia as she stands. The White Witch picks up Athena's sword. Athena and the Witch fight back and forth until the Witch uses her sword and knocks Athena's sias out of her hands. Athena stands there shocked and that's all it takes for the Witch to win. The White Witch drives Athena's own sword through her stomach before pulling it out. Peter watches as Athena drops to her knees while holding her stomach.

"Athena!" Peter chokes out in an even more broken voice than before. The White Witch then kicks Athena, making Athena roll down the rocks.

"So, much for the hope of Narnia," The White Witch says. Peter then attacks the White Witch. Peter blocks and strikes. The White Witch knocks Peter to the ground. Peter gets back up just to have to bend backward to dodge the x formation of the Witch's and Athena's swords. Peter continues to fight. There is a roar heard. The White Witch and Peter look to the top of the rocks to see Aslan, who roars.

"Impossible!" The White Witch says. Susan, Lucy, and Tumnus then reach the followed by the Narnian army that was once stone at the Witch's castle. The White Witch uses the fact that Peter is distracted and attacks. The rest of the army then attacks. Tumnus runs down the hill knocking the Witch's army out of the way with a battle cry. The White Witch hooks Peter's leg with her sword knocking him down before driving Athena's sword through his arm. Peter cries out in pain. Peter cannot move anywhere. The White Witch strikes while Peter blocks it with his shield. The Witch disarms him of his shield. The White Witch goes to make the final blow but Aslan jumps in and takes the Witch out and killing her. Peter removes Athena's sword from his arm. Peter then stands up and looks at Aslan.

"It is finished," Aslan says.