Was Betrayed

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

(Athena POV)

I see the Pevensies and the beavers making their way down the hill by the camp. I run into Aslan's tent and let him know they are coming before coming back out.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asks.

"Maybe they think you look funny," Lucy answers making me chuckle.

"Oi, stop your fussing. You look lovely," Mr. Beaver says to Mrs. Beaver who was fixing her fur. The Pevensies and the beavers finally see me and are shocked. I make eye contact with Peter and we share a smile before I give him a nod, telling him to speak. He draws his sword before speaking.

"We have come to see Aslan," Peter announces. Oreius and I look towards Aslan's tent. Everyone besides the Pevensies bows and then Aslan emerges from his tent. When Aslan is fully standing in front of the Pevensies, they bow.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam," Aslan says and Peter raises his head. "Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve." Susan and Lucy do the same as Peter. "And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fourth?" Everyone then rises. I had completely forgotten about Edmund.

"That's why we're here, sir. We need your help," Peter answers.

"We had a little trouble along the way," Susan adds.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch," Peter explains.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asks while looking between me and Peter.

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty," Mr. Beaver answers.

"Then he has betrayed us all!" Oreius calls out.

"Peace, Oreius. I'm sure there's an explanation," Aslan says.

"It's my fault, really. I was too hard on him," Peter explains.

"We all were," Susan says.

"Sir, he's our brother," Lucy says.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think," Aslan says. Alsan then walks back into his tent.

"I'll show you to the tents, then," I say as I lead them to the tents. "Susan and Lucy you both shall share a tent with me. There some dresses laid out that should fit you both." I point to my tent before I lead Peter to his tent that he was to share with Edmund. "This is your tent."

"I'm glad you made it," Peter says with a smile.

"Yeah, me too," I say smiling back. I then head back to my tent. I walk in to see Lucy and Susan looking at the dresses. "There is a creek not far from here if you would like to wash up." They nod and we all go to the creek.

(3rd Person POV)

Aslan walks up to Peter who is looking out at the castle called Cair Paravel.

"That is Cair Paravel, the castle of the five thrones. In one of which you will sit, Peter, as High King," Aslan says and Peter looks down. "You doubt the prophecy?"

"No. That's just it. Aslan, I'm not what you all think I am," Peter answers.

"Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat," Aslan states and Peter grins. "Peter, there is a Deep Magic, more powerful than any of us, that rules over all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong and governs all our destinies. Yours... and mine."

"But I couldn't even protect my own family," Peter says.

"You've brought them safely this far," Aslan says.

"Not all of them," Peter states.

"Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother, but I need you to consider what I ask of you. I, too, want my family safe," Aslan says. Meanwhile, at the creek, Susan and Lucy wash up while Athena is on lookout. "You look like Mum," Lucy says.

"Mum hasn't had a dress like this since before the war," Susan states.

"We should bring her one back. A whole trunk full!" Lucy exclaims.

"If we ever get back," Susan says and Lucy frowns. "I'm sorry I'm like that. We used to have fun together, didn't we?"

"Yes. Before you got boring," Lucy answers with a laugh.

"Oh, really?" Susan says laughing before splashing Lucy. Lucy then splashes me.

"Oh, you're gonna get it," I say jokingly before joining them in splashing. We walk up to the tree where the towels are. Susan pulls a towel down and reveals Maugrim.

"Please don't try to run. We're tired. And we prefer to kill you quickly," Maugrim says. Susan throws the towel in his face.

"Quickly up the tree!" I say lifting Lucy up into the tree. Susan grabs her horn before climbing the tree. I follow right behind her noticing that there were three wolves. Susan then blows her horn.

Aslan and Peter hear the horn from where they are.

"Susan!" Peter exclaims before unsheathing his sword and taking off in the direction of the horn. Aslan and some soldiers not far behind.

"Get back!" Peter says to the wolves when he comes. I jump from the tree and stand back to back with Peter.

"Peter! Ah!" Susan calls out.

"Come on. We've already been through this before. We both know you haven't got it in you," Maugrim says.

"Peter! Athena! Watch out!" Lucy calls. One of the other two wolves then jump towards us but Aslan jumps on him, pinning him down. The soldiers the go to help Peter and me.

"No! Stay your weapons. This is Peter's and Athena's battle," Aslan says.

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die..." Maugrim begins. The other wolf jumps at me but I raise my sword when it does. My sword kills the wolf but the force of the wolf's jump pushes me to the ground. "...like a dog!" Maugrim jumps at Peter since he was distracted by me.

"Look out!" Susan calls. Peter raises his sword in the nick of time and the same thing happens to him as it did me.

"Peter! Athena!" Lucy calls out as she and Susan climb down the tree. Peter shoves Maugrim off of him before shoving the wolf off of me. I sit up and I'm suddenly pulled into a hug. I notice that it was by Peter. Susan and Lucy then hug both of us.

"After him. He'll lead you to Edmund," Aslan says after he releases the other wolf. The soldiers take off after him. "Peter. Clean your sword." We break away from the hug and Peter cleans his sword. Peter then kneels in front of Aslan. Aslan rests a paw on Peter's left shoulder then on his right. "Rise, Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane, Knight of Narnia."