They're All Here

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

(3rd Person POV)

Athena is speaking with Aslan, when they feel four pulls of magic, one right after the other.

"They're all here!" Athena states excitedly. "Let me go get them."

"No," Aslan says, confusing Athena. "They will make their way here on their own. I need you to find Father Christmas. He will have gifts for them, which they will greatly need. You shall journey with him to meet them." Athena nods before leaving the tent and heading for her horse, Alistair.

"Alistair, we must make great hast and find Father Christmas," Athena says as she jumps on his back and they take off.

Back at the wardrobe, Lucy and Edmund come out from behind Peter and Susan, who are amazed.

"Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination," Lucy says sarcastically.

"I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it," Peter states.

"No. It wouldn't," Lucy says before she throws a snowball at Peter. "But that might!"

"Oh!" Susan says and everyone but Edmund start throwing snowballs. One hits Edmund.

"Ow! Stop it!" Edmund says.

"You little liar," Peter states.

"You didn't believe her, either," Edmund defends.

"Apologize to Lucy. Say you're sorry," Peter orders.

"All right! I'm sorry," Edmund says.

"That's all right. Some children just don't know when to stop pretending," Lucy says using his own words against him.

"Oh, very funny," Edmund says.

"Maybe we should go back," Susan says.

"But shouldn't we at least take a look around?" Edmund asks.

"I think Lucy should decide," Peter says as he feels something drawing him to stay.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy exclaims.

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is," Peter states with a smile.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this," Susan states.

"No. But I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these. Anyway, if you think about it logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe," Peter says passing everyone a coat. He even gives Edmund a girl's coat.

"But that's a girl's coat!" Edmund complains.

"I know," Peter says with a smirk. They begin they're journey to Tumnus' house.

"lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots and lots of..." Lucy explains as they come upon Tumnus' house. Lucy stops talking as they see the door busted down.

"Lu?" Peter asks. Lucy takes off inside.

"Lucy!" Susan calls as they all follow her. "Who would do something like this?"

"'The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen.'" Peter reads a paper nailed to the wall.

"All right. Now we really should go back," Susan says.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asks.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do," Peter says.

"You don't understand, do you? I'm the human. She must have found out he helped me," Lucy explains.

"Maybe we could call the police," Susan says.

"These are the police. Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something," Peter says.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal," Edmund says before they hear a psst. They look and see a bird in the doorway.

"Did that bird just "psst" us?" Susan asks and the bird flies away. They all go outside. "It... It's a beaver." Mr. Beaver comes into view.

"Here, boy. Here, boy," Peter says holding his hand out as if Mr. Beaver were a dog.

"I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want," Mr. Beaver says.

"Sorry," Peter says backing up.

"Lucy Pevensie?" Mr. Beaver asks.

"Yes?" Lucy answers stepping forward. Mr. Beaver holds out her hankie.

"Hey, that's the hankie I gave to Mr. Tum..." Lucy begins.

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took him," Mr. Beaver explains.

"Is he all right?" Lucy asks.

"Further in," Mr. Beaver says before taking off expecting them to follow.

"What are you doing?" Susan asks as Peter goes to follow him.

"She's right. How do we know we can trust him?" Edmund asks.

"He said he knows the faun," Peter answers.

"He's a beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything!" Susan exclaims.

"Everything all right?" Mr. Beaver asks.

"Yes. We were just talking," Peter answers.

"That's better left for safer quarters," Mr. Beaver says looking around.

"He means the trees," Lucy explains.

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," Mr. Beaver says and they all follow him.