Part 3

"So we'll be infiltrating Nurmengard Castle. What else do we need to do?" Theseus said. Kathleen raised her hand. "Kathleen?" he prompted.

"We need to rescue the imprisoned aurors," she said. Another auror, who went by the nickname Rod, said,

"Wasn't the original objective to hunt and kill the boy?" Other aurors nodded. Tina immediately stood up.

"Do you have no compassion? The only reason Credence is unstable is because he's received no compassion his entire life. We could teach him how to control his obscurus. Maybe we could get rid of it. Newt- Mr Scamander has done it before," she said, her voice rising louder than it normally did. Maybe it was a little uncalled for, but Tina had been waiting to say it for a while. Some of the kinder aurors agreed and nodded.

"Anyway, we should create a team of aurors, and we should bring my brother in it too. He's a good healer. And Miss Goldstein is correct. The boy could be a valuable asset without his obscurus. He's powerful, powerful enough to have an obscurus this long," Theseus said, wincing as he delivered the last sentences. Credence being mentioned as a valuable asset changed some people's minds.

"Well, I propose Miss Goldstein for the team, Mr Scamander, and Mr Ramos. I think infiltrating a castle would be a lot easier with an animagus," someone added. Mr Ramos demonstrated by quickly transforming into a hummingbird. He was a short, slightly stocky man, and seeing him turn into a tiny hummingbird was a bit of a shock. Another auror with bright blue hair piped up,

"I think I should go too. I could pretend to be an acolyte. I can change my appearance!" she said. She had a bright smile and a high-pitched voice. She was American, judging by her accent, and new, as Tina did not recognize her. Suddenly, her short blue hair turned into a long, wavy swath of auburn hair. "Like that!" she exclaimed. The aurors looked to Theseus. He nodded.

"Anyone else? We've got me, my brother, Miss Goldstein, Mr Ramos, and Pixie," Theseus said. The girl with the blue hair (she had changed it back) went by Pixie, it seemed. "I think one more person could help. And of course, everyone else should come in at any time if there is a problem."

"I suggest Mr Brighton. He's fast and exceptional at duelling," the Minister said. Everyone sighed. They all knew that the Minister favoured Mr Brighton because Mr Brighton was his nephew. All of them were exceptional at duelling, but the Minister never pointed them out. But they couldn't argue with the Minister, so Theseus had to agree.

"Now that we've chosen people, we need to get into the castle. The instructions say we need to cast a seeking spell, which will lead to a portkey." Theseus said.

"We should camouflage ourselves. That way, when we get to the castle it'll be hard for them to see us. We'll hide in plain sight. And Mr Ramos will turn into a hummingbird," suggested Mr Brighton. As much as they were annoyed by him, he did have decent ideas. Even if they were kind of obvious. They didn't know how to feel about him. But Theseus nodded.

"How are we going to get all the aurors back? We don't even know if they have their wands," said Pixie.

"Then we'll do side-along apparation. We're all strong enough for three or four people each," said Theseus.

"A lot of this is relying on if. If this isn't an elaborate ruse. If they have their wands. If we're going to the right place. If our shaky attempt at planning is going to work. I see no difference between our planning and us just diving in. There's not much to rely on," said Tina.

"I think Miss Goldstein is right. We should just equip ourselves with anything we might need and head on to the portkey. There's not much else we can do," added Mr Ramos. He was a quiet man, and he hadn't said anything until then. A subtle Spanish accent tinged his English.