Part 6

Leta Lestrange.

Tina called Newt over immediately. Newt rushed over, and when he saw Leta, his face turned white as chalk.

"She's hurt, badly," was all Newt said. He waved his wand over Leta's face, emitting some kind of flowery scent. Tina wasn't sure what it was for until Leta shifted a bit and yawned. Immediately, Newt was at Leta's side, helping her to an upright position as she rubbed her eyes.

"Leta, it's me, Newt. Where does it hurt?" Newt asked, a concerned expression on his face.

"Newt?" Leta asked, suddenly alert, snapping up. She then winced and cried out a little.

"It's me. Newt. Do your ribs hurt?" Newt asked. Leta nodded.

"Alright, erm, may I?" Newt asked, looking away, flushing, as always. Leta seemed to understand and nodded again. Newt proceeded to help Leta take off her coat. He then traced the tip of his wand over her side, over her blouse, testing to see what was injured. 

He stopped. "You'll need to go to St. Mungo's. There's not much I can do. Your ribs are injured, one might be broken, a couple are definitely bruised, though I don't know to what extent. Can you stand?"

"I don't know," Leta said.

"Well, let me heal these bruises and cuts first, at least I can do that," Newt said, waving his wand over the smallest of cuts and bruises, and they disappeared. Then he took out a phial of some kind of green gunk and spread it over some of the larger bruises. He waited about ten seconds and vanished it off the bruises. The bruises healed perfectly. Leta had a large gash on her arm that was partly healed over, and Newt spread the gunk over a bandage, which he wrapped around the gash.

"Don't touch it," he said.

"Can I help?" Tina asked.

"Please help her up," Newt replied. Tina nodded. She bent down, wrapping one arm around Leta's back. Leta grasped Tina's other hand and draped her other arm around Tina's shoulders. She then heaved herself up with Tina's help. She then started to hobble forward with Tina as a crutch. Newt stepped forward to stop her.

"Ankle?" Newt asked.

"Yeah," Leta said, putting pressure on her left foot. She grimaced. Newt kneeled immediately, flicking his wand. With a resounding crack, the bone snapped back together inside her ankle. Leta grimaced again. Newt nodded, and the two women started to walk forward again, Leta hobbling, and Tina bending to help Leta, who was shorter. They walked to Theseus, who was talking with some of the aurors.

"Theseus!" Tina called. He turned, and his jaw dropped.

"Leta!" he cried out, rushing to his fiance. His expression went from shock to disbelief to relief. He had thought her dead, but she was standing in front of him, alive. They ran towards each other, embracing, and joining their lips in a crushing kiss. The people around them turned away, in some semblance of propriety. Tears were streaking down the pair's faces, salty raindrops quietly falling on the cold floor. The other aurors decided to stop staring at the wall doing nothing and busied themselves with making sure everyone had food and water and a coat and anything else they might need.

After a minute, Theseus and Leta separated.

"Sorry," Theseus said sheepishly. The room was suddenly filled with embarrassed, mumbled, no it's fine's and it's okay's. Tina walked back over to support Leta, and the rather large group shuffled and jostled their way up the stairs. Queenie led as the caboose, reforming the prison bars and removing any trace of magic. The door closed with a quiet click.

The group moved as one invisible line. They were heading to the roof, so they kept walking up the twisting, creaky stairs instead of stopping in the basement.