BOND

Jenna

The other half of my journey to school went on in a blur. Mark bartered on and on about the miseries he faced as my project partner back in high school, and I was definitely ticked off by his words. Silly as it may seem, I really did want to make a good impression on the guy behind the wheels, and Mark made it more and more impossible. Josh did a pretty good job at soothing my anger though, by making small talk with me.
"Jenna here, is moving into campus" he announced, after I'd told him a little bit about myself.
"What dorm?" The guy behind the wheels asks, just as WCU comes into sight.
"Judaculla residence hall" I reply, adjusting the lens of my glasses. It's a force of habit.
"Awesome. Matt lodges there too"
"She doesn't need to know that, Josh" The guy behind the wheels, who I figure is named Matt, says flatly. His van pulls into the schools parking lot, and Mark gets off a call with his sister.
"Thank you" I mutter, and then I recall I'd left my suitcase in my own car. It's all too much to bear, and so I burst out in the sort of screams  that threaten to burst eardrums, embarrassing myself for the second time today. Mark hops off the van and makes a run for it, murmuring something about how my craziness could ruin his reputation.
"Kill me!!" I scream, clutching at my chest and sliding my back against the van. "Take my life mother na-" Matt cuts me off, covering my mouth with his palm and yanking me right back into the van. In that swift moment, I contemplate licking his fingers.
" Are you cursed?" He asks, lifting his palm when he's sure I've calmed down.
"Maybe"
"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asks, eyeing me slightly. He's clearly frustrated by my attitude. Its just the both of us in the van, and I can't tell when exactly Josh had left.
"I'm not usually like this" I sob into my palms, it's just-"
"Can you make this any quicker?" He snaps.
"I forgot my suitcase in the boot of my car" His eyes flash with sympathy, but it vanishes soon enough.
"I could drive back and get it for you" I stare up at him, shocked at his gesture, and he seems even more taken aback by his own words.
"Don't take it to heart. I just don't want you to start kicking at my van when you reach your crazy peak." I chuckle. 
"Thank you" I say,and he clutches my palm. In that moment, our hands seem to connect our hearts. The flush on his face tells me he notices this bond too