Chapter 26

"Cass. Casss. Cassie. Wake up. You're gonna be late."

Kate's annoying voice woke me up from my deep sleep.

"Go away Kate" I mumered.

"Cassie if you don't wake up now and get ready, you're going to be late for your own Graduation" her voice was stern.

"Urgh fine I'm getting up" I threw off my covers and sat up.

"Good girl" she smiled and then left my room.

I slowly trudged over to the shower, still half asleep.

Thankfully the hot water seeping into my body woke up me up a bit.

I was still exhausted from the journey back to London from California.

As soon as we had come home last night I fell asleep straight away.

I wrapped a towel around my body and walked back to my room.

And there it was.

Hanging from the back of my bedroom door.

The robe and the cap.

It was black because that was the traditional colour for graduation apparently.

I wore the white dress that I had worn a few weeks ago and then curled my hair lightly.

My make up was natural as usual except from the lipstick which was more coloured than usual. My face needed a bit more colour so I added a bit more blush but not too much.

I put on a pair of black heels to go with the robe and cap.

I stood in front of the mirror and then took a deep breath before slipping into my robe.

I looked at myself for a while, finding it hard to believe that I was finally graduating.

After all these years of school and College. It was finally over.

My eyes scanned my calendar and I smiled as I saw the big red circle on today's date, saying "GRADUATION" but my smile faltered as I saw tomorrow's date.

Great. Just great.

I had completely forgotten it was tomorrow.

I shook my head quickly, trying to get tomorrow's date out of my head.

I grabbed my cap and slipped whatever I needed into the pockets of my robe and then headed off downstairs to Kate.

"Wow. You look gorgeous Cas" Kate smiled widely at me.

"Thank you Kate. You don't look too bad yourself."

She was wearing a black dress that fell down below her knees and her hair was up in a bun. She looked pretty professional and formal.

I'd finally gotten over what had happened at the club and was talking to her again.

"I've seen you grow up into this young woman that you are now and it's just amazing" her eyes started to water.

"Hey hey hey no crying please!" I begged her.

"I'm sorry. You've been through so much all by yourself" she sniffed.

"Kate it's cool. I'm fine. I can fight for myself" I reassured her.

"Okay" she nodded.

"Do you want any breakfast?" She asked me.

"No thanks, I'm kinda nervous so I've lost my appetite."

"We should get going then" she said.

I gave her a quick nod and then we were off.