Chapter 19

As soon as I got to my room I locked the door and slid down against it as I cried.

My head was spinning and I was so confused and everything was just crazy.

I knew I had to talk to Michael to sort out whatever it was that was going on between us.

So I stood up and wiped my tears and was about to head to Michael's room but then I looked at the clock and it said it was 1:30.

Fuck!

Michael must be asleep already.

But what if he wasn't?

I decided to risk it as I made my way to his room but as I got to his door I heard mumuring from inside.

Was he talking to someone?

I quietly opened his door and stepped into his room.

There was no one here but the mumuring got louder.

I looked over to the bed and saw Michael.

I carefully walked closer to him and realised that he was crying in his sleep and he was saying something.

I couldn't make out the words but then it sounded clear.

He was saying, "Sarah no! No! Sarah please no", over and over again.

He then started thrashing about and he had his arms out like he was reaching for something. Or for someone.

"Michael! Michael" I shook him but he wouldn't wake up.

I was starting to get scared.

"Michael wake up please! You're just dreaming" I was crying at this point.

He might be a jerk but seeing him in this state broke my heart.

He was so vulnerable.

I shook him hard a few more times and then his eyes finally flew open.

He was panting as he realised it was just a dream. Or shall I say a nightmare.

He then turned his head and saw me.

I had stopped crying by now and I was just shaking.

"Please say you're okay Michael" I finally whispered.

He opened his mouth as if to say something but then closed it again.

"You don't have to explain anything" I said as I engulfed him into a hug, surprising us both.

"It's okay. You're okay. I've got you" I kissed the top of his head and cradled him like a baby.

"I'm sorry you had to see that" Michael finally said, his voice all shaky.

"Just shhhh" I shushed him.

Once Michael had stopped panting and had calmed down, I pulled away and was about to get off the bed when I felt him pull my hand.

I looked down at him as I saw his hand wrapped around my wrist and he was tugging it down.

"Don't leave me please" it was barely a whisper but I still heard it.

It was full of desperation and I just couldn't leave him like this.

"I'm not going anywhere" I whispered back.

I lifted the covers up and climbed in besides Michael.

This time as Michael pulled my body closer to his and wrapped his arms around my waist, I wrapped my arms around him too.