Chapter 38

After that night with Michael I realised that I couldn't be away from him any longer. And so I decided to take Liam up on the band's offer and go on tour with them for the last remaining month.

"Hey, you okay?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I lied.

"You're nervous" he stated.

"Yep because going on stage and singing in front of thousands of people totally isn't going to make me nervous at all", the sarcasm in my voice was thick.

"Cassie you do realise you've been doing this for a week right and you're still nervous?"

"Shut up! It's still scary!" I whacked his chest.

Luke let out a deep chuckle.

"Luke."

"Yes Cassie?"

"I miss you" I whispered.

"What do you mean? You see me everyday" he gave me a look of confusion.

"No as in I miss the way we used to be. Our friendship. You were my best friend and you still are but its just not the same. I remember when we used to go days where we'd just hang out at Kate's flat and do nothing at all" I smiled remembering those times.

"Yeah those were good times" he also smiled as he remembered it too.

"We should do that after today's show! We should hang out, just the two of us" I suggested.

"Yeah I'd love that!" He grinned as he engulfed me into a hug.

"Cassie."

I pulled away from Luke to see Michael staring at us. Well he was glaring at Luke.

"Oh hey Michael" I walked over to him.

I looked back to see that Luke had already walked away.

"You ready to rock it?" Michael asked.

"Mhmmm" I toyed with the necklace around my neck that Michael had gotten me for Christmas.

"Look don't be nervous okay. You were amazing for the past week and there's no doubt that you still won't be amazing" he brushed a stray strand of hair away from my face.

"Thank you" I smiled up at him.

"Anytime Kitten" he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Alright Cassie you're up now!"

"Good luck Kitten" he pecked my lips once more and then I was on my way to the stage.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"THAT WAS JUST AMAZING!!!!" I squealed as I bounced up and down on the way back to the tour bus.

"See it wasn't so bad" Luke gave me an I-told-you-so look.

Everyone had stayed back to watch One Direction perform apart from me and Luke because we said we'd spend tonight hanging out.

"So what would you like to do?" Luke asked as we headed to the "back prison" as Michael liked to call it.

"Watch a movie?"

"Sounds good" he got up to put a film on.

"Cass" Michael whispered.

I whipped around and saw him standing at the door.

His eyes were red and puffy, indicating that he'd been crying.

I instantly walked over to him.

"What's wrong baby?" I reached up to wipe away the tear stains on his face.