Chapter 24

I wasn't bothered to change and I really liked Michael's shirt so I stayed in it and just slipped on a pair of denim shorts and my black and white converse.

My hair was dry by now so I left it like that.

I didn't even bother with make up and just applied a quick coat of lipgloss and then headed downstairs.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Michael and Luke waiting for me.

Michael was right at the bottom of the stairs and had his back to me whereas Luke was near the front door.

This gave me an idea.

Luke saw me and was about to say something but I quickly shook my head, indicating for him to be quiet.

He finally realised what I was going to do and gave me a sly smirk.

I quietly went back up a few stairs and then with all the power in my body I leapt up into the air and jumped onto Michael's back and screamed "SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER!!!!"

Michael jumped up in fear and almost dropped me but I had my legs wrapped around his waist tightly and held onto him for dear life.

"What the fuck Cassie?! You scared the shit out of me!" He yelled.

He was clutching his heart and breathing heavy.

"That was the whole point you div" I laughed.

"Can you not say hi like a normal person?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"Ummm let me think" I said as I pretended to think.

"Nope!" I answered with a sheepish grin on my face.

"You're so weird" he scoffed.

"Weird is cool! And you love me anyway" I giggled.

Michael just shook his head.

I finally looked up and my eyes met Luke's.

He had his phone in his hand and it was pointed at us.

"Dude were you recording?!" Michael growled.

"Sorry Mikey, but it was too good not to" he laughed.

"Guys I'm hungry can we go now?" I whined, trying to stop them from killing one another.

"Okay fine lets go."

"Umm Cass are you just gonna stay up there?" Michael asked.

"Yep" I giggled and snuggled my face in the crook of his neck.

We walked down the street trying to find a place to eat.

Me on Michael's back with my feet dangling from his waist, Michael holding my legs and just laughing around with Luke.

I stared at both boys and realised how lucky I was to have friends like them.

"Why are you staring at us like that?" Luke suddenly asked me.

I felt the heat in my cheeks rising as I realised I'd been caught.

"Nothing" I shied away and hid my face in Michael's neck.

"Come on, tell us" Michael said.

I sighed and then resurfaced from Michael's neck.

"I was just thinking how lucky I am to have you both as my friends. I've never really had a lot of friends and now I've got so many. Yeah you two piss the fuck out of me most of the time but I love you both to death and I wouldn't replace you for anyone" I blurted out.