1

Logan watched the trees pass by the bus. He paid no attention to the delinquent kids running up and down the vehical. Logan just wanted this summer to be over.

Sanders camp for troubled youth. Logan resisted the urge to scoff. He wasn't 'troubled', he was gay. His parents, on the other hand, had other thoughts.

The bus pulled to a stop, opening its doors. The kids piled out, laughing and shoving. Logan came out last, waiting patiently for someone to take him to his cabin.

The sound of horses hooves drew the attention of the children. Two people on horses rode up to the group.

"Sup my dudes." One said, "I'm Joan, and this is Talyn."

They gestured to the other.

"And these are our horses," Joan continued, "Missy and Pranks. We're gonna have lots of activities here that include, but is not limited to..."

Talyn picked up, "kayaking-"

"Hiking-"

"Swiming-"

"And my favorite," Talyn smiled, patting Missy, "Horseback riding."

Logan rolled his eyes. Was there an activity where he could hide away and read?

Suddenly, the group was moving. They marched along a path through the forest. The trees cleared and showed the camp.

There were several cabins lined up by a lake. Behind them was a barn and a large pasture where several horses were grazing.

"Today's kinda a free day," Joan explained, "tomorrow you'll meet all the camp counselors by the Pit. Don't worry, there are signs to guide you. Today just find your cabin and explore!"

All the kids, save for Logan, cheered and ran off to their cabins. Logan had memorized his cabin number on the bus, after he realized he didn't pack enough books. The boy walked along to the cabin at the end. It was the closest to the barn, but furthest from the water.

Logan wondered what his roommates were like. There were three or four kids to a room, segregated by boys, girls, and non-binary folk as Logan later read.

Logan opened the door of his cabin to a very strange conversation.

"What is coffee but just stained water?" One boy asked, half of his face marked burn scars.

"I don't care?" Another boy sassed, "coffee is good regardless."

"Um, I beg to differ." The third boy scoffed, "the only coffee I can drink is an iced venti vanilla honey lavender, no whip, no cream, two sugars."

Logan sighed heavily. This was going to be... interesting.

"Oh good, our last roommate." The burned one smiled, sitting up on his bed, staring at Logan with heterochromatic eyes, "my name is Dee."

"I'm Logan." He introduced himself.

"I'm Remy and if you snore I will drag you into the lake." The second boy glared at Logan from the bunk above Dee.

Logan chuckled, nervously giving him a small smile, "I don't snore."

"That tie is so 70's." The last boy pointed to Logan's blue tie, "three out of ten, try again."

"Shut up Dice!" Dee snapped. His attitude instantly changed when he turned back to Logan, giving him a smile, "sorry about him."

"Its... fine." Logan said, moving the the bottom bunk under Dice.

"So why are you here?" Dee asked, "I accidentally burned my room down."

"Oh... lovely..." Logan nodded, "my parents sent me here because I'm gay."