6

Logan woke up in the loft with Patton laying on top of him. He blushed heavily. Patton was...

Adorable.

His glasses were askew and his hair was floofed from sleep. The grey cardigan Patton wore was under Logan's head like a pillow.

Logan smiled and pulled a piece of straw from Patton's hair. Patton stirred, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Lo?" Patton yawned, "did we fall asleep?"

"It looks like it." Logan chuckled, sitting up.

Patton groaned and fell back in the straw, "I don't wanna get up."

Logan smiled, "why don't we go get breakfast, since we missed yesterday."

Patton giggled, "okay."

"Patt!" Someone called walking into the barn.

"I forgot. I'm supposed to go to town with Dad to pick up some supplies." Patton facepalmed, "I'll be there in a minute Dad!"

Thomas chuckled, "okay! I'll wait in the car!"

"I'm sorry about this Lo." Patton sighed.

"Its alright Patt." Logan smiled, "I should probably check on Dee anyway."

"Oh yeah," Patton pulled out a pen, writing a number on Logan's hand, "here's my number, can you text me how he is?"

Logan chuckled, "sure."

"Thanks Lo!" Patton giggled, starting toward the ladder, "I'll see you later!"

Logan smiled and nodded, waving goodbye to Patton. The boy sighed, looking at the number on his hand. He snirked. That was very smooth.

Logan smiled and went down the ladder, heading back to his cabin. He opened the door and was immediately shushed.

"Rem's still sleeping." Dice whispered.

Logan nodded, "where's Dee?"

"Picani took him about ten minutes ago." Dice shrugged.

Logan sighed and sat on his bed. His book was excactly were it was last night. He picked it up, opening it to where he left off.

Logan had just reached the part where Simon was waiting for Blue on the Farris wheel when Remy woke up.

"Ugh, what time is it?" Remy groaned.

Dice checked his phone, "Ten thirty."

Remy sighed, "I need coffee."

Dice chuckled, jumping from the bunk, "come on, let's go get some ten outta ten coffee."

Remy giggled, still half asleep and rolled off his bunk. Dice lunged forward just in time to catch the other.

"Are you okay?" Logan asked.

Remy buried his face in Dice's chest, "I forgot I was on the top bunk."

"You really do need coffee." Dice chuckled, "I'll carry you to the cafeteria, you look like you're about to fall asleep again."

"M'kay." Remy mumbled.

Logan smirked at the two, earning a judgemental glare from Dice. A few moments after Dice and Remy left, Dee and Picani walked in.

"Hey kiddo." Picani greeted Logan as Dee curled up on his bed.

"Hello." Logan smiled politely.

"Well, is love to stay and chat, but I gave some work to do." Picani chuckled, "And Dee? Are you still up for talking next week?"

Dee was quiet for a moment, "yeah."

Picani smiled and left.

"How are you?" Logan asked.

"Fine." Dee said shortly, "just a small cut."

Logan nodded, "that's good."

"Um, Logan?" Dee whispered, "can... can I be alone right now?"

"Of course." Logan closed his book and stood.

It was warm out, Logan noticed. He figured it would only get warmer throughout the day, and since he wasn't much of a swimmer, he opted to go to the barn.

Inside the barn was cool and calm. The horses were all in the pasture, save for Virgil and Mira. Patton had told Logan that she had been moved to a foaling stall because she could go into labor at any moment.

Logan combed his fingers through her red brown mane. Mira looked at him with deep drown, half lidded eyes. Logan smiled and gave her one last pat before going back of the barn.

Virgil's ears flicked as he heard someone approach.

"Hey there." Logan said calmly, "your door is open, why don't you go play?"

Virgil snorted. Didn't this human know that he doesn't play with the others?

Logan chuckled. He sat down with his back to Virgil's stall and began to read. Virgil peeked his head over the stall door to see what the human was doing. Logan smirked and purposefully ignored him. The stallion nuzzled Logan's hair, making the boy chuckle. Virgil, not happy with being ignored, took Logan's glasses.

"Hey!" Logan shouted, standing up.

Virgil laughed, waving the glasses around and trotting around his stall. Logan sighed, fumbling to get the stall door open.

"Get over here!" Logan huffed, chasing the horse around the stall.

Virgil tossed his head, trotting out into the pasture. Logan gave chase. Virgil held his head and tail high in amusement, watching the human stumble after him.

A few horses looked up, curious about the pair, but soon went back to grazing. Logan ended up chasing the horse around a tree before giving up.

"I'm never getting my glasses back, am I?" Logan panted, sliding down to sit at the base of the tree.

Virgil walked up to Logan, dropping the glasses in his lap. Logan blinked in surprise. He cleaned his glasses and put them back on. Virgil nudged Logan's hand slightly, making the human smile and pet him.

Virgil decided he liked that and took a step forward, pushing his nose deeper into Logan's hand. The human laughed.

"You're not so bad." Logan smiled.

Virgil let his eyes slip closed. It had been forever since he's been outside. The gentle touch and the warm sun on his back. Logan smiled. Virgil seemed so much more relaxed out here than in the stall. The horse layed down, placing his head on Logan's lap.  Logan combed his fingers through Virgil's mane, being careful around the knots.

Logan smiled to himself, thinking of Patton and the horse in his lap. Maybe this camp wasn't such a bad idea.