15

It had been five long, painful and amazing years since Patton and Logan met. Patton had gained a bit of feeling in his legs after his back completely healed, but was still paralyzed from the knees down.

"Hurry up Lo!" Patton giggled, slowing Roman to a walk.

Logan chuckled, "You know Virgil isn't a fast horse."

"Except when it's time to go back home." Patton laughed, making Virgil to snort, "Oh! Were almost there!"

"Almost where?" Logan asked.

"Shh!" Patton giggled, "hand me the lead rope and close your eyes! It's a surprise!"

Logan rolled his eyes and handed Patton the lead. He closed his eyes as Patton lead them forward. After a minute, they stopped.

"Okay! Open your eyes!" Patton giggled.

Logan blinked his eyes open to see Thomas, Dee, Remy and Dice standing under a banner that read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!"

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled.

Logan laughed, "so this is why Patton took me on a three hour ride?"

"We had to bake the cake..." Thomas admitted, helping Patton into his wheelchair.

"Yeah, apparently Dee and Dice are the only ones who know how to bake." Remy chuckled.

Logan rolled his eyes, "of course."

"I know how to bake too!" Patton commented.

"I know." Logan kissed the top of a pouting Patton's head.

~~time skip~~

"Do you have it?" Patton asked Dee.

Dee rolled his eyes and handed Patton a dark blue velvet box, "I've been planning parties for you two for five years, of course I got it."

"Thanks Dee." Patton smiled, putting the box in his pocket.

Logan walked over to them, "Salutations Dee, the cake was amazing."  

Dee blushed lightly, "it was just a simple cake."

"But it was delicious!" Patton giggled.

"Yeah yeah." Dee waved it off, "I'm gonna help clean up."

Dee walked off, leaving Patton and Logan alone.

"Hey Lo," Patton smiled, "I have another surprise for you."

"Okay." Logan followed Patton.

They went around to the lake, stopping at the cliff on the other side. The view was gorgeous. Forest for as long as the eye could see, bathed in golden light from the setting sun. The camp and lake settling below them, their friends and family tiny specks as they cleaned up the remains of the party.

"Its beautiful." Logan breathed.

"That's not all." Patton said, taking a breath as Logan turned around, "Logan, I love you so much. You're the best thing that ever happened to me and I couldn't imagine living life without you."

Patton grabbed the velvet box, opening it to reveal a dark blue and black, heart-shaped diamond ring, "Lo, will you marry me?"

Logan nodded, "yes. Yes I'll marry you Patt!"

Patton giggled as Logan picked him up, spinning them around before kissing him.

"I love you." Logan smiled.

Patton gave him another quick kiss, "I love you too."