34

Virgil and Angel watched the two little foals as Pranks and Missy bottle-fed them. Remus was calling the vet to come check them. Roman and Percy had gone searching for a sign of a herd.

"We should name them after Grandpa and Poppi." Missy said after the more energetic foal finished eating.

"That's a fantastic idea!" Roman smiled as he and Percy rode into the barn.

Virgil smiled softly, "yeah."

"This one is Patton!" Missy giggled as the foal nuzzled her.

"Does that mean the other is Logan?" Remus asked, walking into the barn and watching the twin foals.

"Yeah!" Missy nodded.

"It's perfect." Angel smiled, leaning on Virgil's shoulder.

"Oh!" Remus yelled suddenly, "Also, the vet is on her way!"

"Fantastic!" Percy badly imitated his husband after putting the tack away.

Everyone laughed as Roman made a mock offended noise. Even the foals seemed to chuckle.

"I so do not sound like that!" Roman laughed, picking Percy up and tickling him.

"I dunno Roman..." Angel smirked, "that was an awful good impression of am egoist."

Virgil lost it, clinging to his husband to avoid falling over.

"What's an egoist?" Pranks asked, setting Logan's now empty bottle on the stall door.

"It's someone who's head is so far up their a-"

"No!" Percy and Angel scolded Remus.

Virgil sighed, "it's someone who thinks their better than other people, which your uncle is, surprisingly, not."

Roman made a real offended noise this time.

Soon after the vet came and gave the foals a clean bill of health. The whole rest of the day, the foals were spoiled by the kids with sugarcubes, which Patton loved the most. Everyone agreed they were undeniably adorable.