12

"Hey Patt." Logan walked in, "are you ready to go home?"

Patton shrugged, not looking away from the window.

Logan went over to the wheelchair bound boy, "Are you okay?"

"Last night I realized...." Patton looked up at his boyfriend with tears in his eyes, "I might not ever be able to ride again."

"That's not true." Logan said, "the doctors said you could regain some feeling-"

"But what if that's not enough!" Patton cried, "What if I'm never able to ride? Horses have been my life since I was little... I don't know what I would do if-"

"Patt," Logan interrupted, "well figure something out, even if we have to design a brand new saddle. Okay?"

Patton nodded, "Thanks Logie."

Logan smiled, "alright. Let's get you home now, there's someone who really misses you."

"Huh?" Patton asked as Logan started to push him out of the room.

Logan kissed the top of his boyfriends head, "You'll see."

"Patton! You're back!" Dee yelled when he saw the two boys approaching.

Patton giggled, "yeah I know my back is broken."

Logan sighed, "not the time for puns Patt."

"Its always time for puns." Patton smiled.

"Anyway," Dee laughed, "Roman is missing you, so you better go to the barn."

Patton giggled again, "okay, thanks Dee."

Patton wheeled away towards the barn. Once he was out of earshot, Logan turned to Dee.

"Is everything ready?" Logan asked.

Dee nodded, "it's all set."

"Alright, let's go before he gets there." Logan smiled.

Dee nodded again and ran off to the back of the barn. Logan cought up with Patton, who had found Roman in the pasture.

"Hey Ro." Patton laughed as the horse nuzzled him.

"Told you he missed you." Logan smiled.

"I can see that now." Patton chuckled, "Lo... if I'm not able to ride again, will you take Roman out every so often?"

"Patt-"

"Please?" Patton looked up at him.

Logan sighed and kissed his cheek, "I promise."

"Thanks Lo. Now where's Virgil and Remus?" Patton asked.

"They're inside." Logan smiled, "Roman was cleared to walk around, but something seemed to really mess with Remus. Dee's the only one who can get close to him right now."

"Oh..." Patton whispered, "and Virgil?"

"Introverted as ever." Logan rolled his eyes, "he missed you probably more than Roman did."

Patton laughed, "okay, then let's go see him."

Logan smiled, "After you."

Patton giggled and made his way over to the barn. Logan opened the door...

"SURPRISE!"

Inside was Thomas, Dee, Remy, Dice, Joan, Talyn, and Dr. Picani. They stood under a large "welcome home!!!" banner, surrounding a cake.

"What is this?!" Patton laughed.

"We missed you bitch." Remy smirked.

"Language!" Patton giggled, wheeling further into the barn, "But I missed y'all too."

"Alright! So we got cake and ice cream and soda-" Thomas started, only to be interrupted by Patton.

"And Patton-cakes!?" He asked.

"Well there not as good as yours." Talyn said.

"Don't be silly! I'm sure they're perfect!" Patton gave them a bright smile.

"Of course they are," Dice, seemingly, rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses, "I helped make them and I don't settle for anything less than a ten. That includes my boyfriend and friends."

"Awe, babe." Remy smiled.

Patton giggled as Logan smiled at him.

"Alright, why don't we dig in now?" Logan suggested.

"Yes!" Patton cheered, quickly rolling over to the cake.