17

"Oh my gosh! Lo look it's so pretty!" Patton giggled, wheeling over to a shop filled with colourful glass-blown figurines.

Logan chuckled and caught up with his husband of four years.

"It is very beautiful." He agreed, "though not as beautiful as you."

Patton awed and leaned up to kiss his husband. Logan smiled and took Patton's hand as they walked past the shops.

"Do you want some ice cream?" Logan asked.

Patton giggled and nodded, "sure!"

Logan smiled, "okay. We'll meet up at that glass shop."

"Okay." Patton smiled, "see you soon Logie."

Patton hummed happily, looking at all the little shops that lined the street. He felt someone tug on his bag. Patton turned to see a boy about six years old with his wallet in his hands. The boy squeaked and ran off.

"Hey! Wait!" Patton yelled, following the child.

The boy ran into a nearby alleyway. Patton followed quietly.

"Ro! Roman! I got money!" The child said.

"Really!?" Another boy who looked like the other came around the corner.

The first boy nodded and showed him the wallet, "now we can buy medicine for Virge!"

Roman frowned, "Ree, did you steal the money?"

"Um... Maybe..." the first boy said, "But Virge is really sick!"

"Stealing is wrong Remus." The second boy crossed his arms.

Remus pouted, "fine."

He turned around and saw Patton.

"I'm sorry!" Remus yelled, tossing the wallet at Patton and hiding behind his brother.

"Woah!" Patton yelped as he caught the wallet, "it's okay kiddos! I won't hurt you."

The boys blinked at him, looking ready to bolt.

"Where are your parents?" Patton asked.

"W-we don't have parents." Roman said quietly.

Remus nodded, "we lived with this old lady who hit us and then we ran away."

"Oh, that's horrible." Patton sighed.

Roman nodded, "now our little brother is sick. Like really really sick."

"Oh dear." Patton said, "my husband is a doctor, he could help."

"Really!?" Roman gasped.

Patton nodded. Roman grinned and ran off. Remus pouted at Patton.

"Are you gonna kidnap us?" Remus asked.

Patton chuckled and shook his head, "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

Remus nodded, "Why are you in that chair thing?"

"I live around horses and one time I fell off and broke my back." Patton told the child, "it made it so I can't use my legs. So now I use a wheelchair to move around."

Remus giggled, "it looks fun!"

Roman came back with a little bundle in his arms, "this is our little brother Virgil. He's two."

"Awe, poor thing." Patton said, "can I check to see if he has a fever?"

Roman nodded and brought Virgil closer. Patton felt the two year old forehead.

"He's burning up." He sighed, then checked Roman, "You are too. Come on, I'll take you to Lo. He'll help."

Roman nodded and climbed on Patton's lap, Remus following soon after. Patton started rolling down the street to the pretty glass shop.

"There you are-" Logan stopped mid sentence, "Patton..."

"They're sick Lo. And living on the street." Patton explained, pulling out his puppy eyes for good measure.

Logan sighed, "okay."

"Thanks Lo!" Patton giggled, hugging the boys.

Logan knelt down to the children's level, "What's your names?"

"I'm Roman, this is Virgil." Roman held out his little brother, who then coughed a few times.

"I'm Remus. Roman and I are twins." Remus said.

Logan chuckled, "at home we have horses named Roman, Remus, and Virgil. Do you want to go and meet them?"

The boys nodded eagerly. Together, they all went back. The married couple was in for a big adventure.