27

T.W.: mention of death

"Hey, shh, shh." Patton told the panicked brown horse on the other end of the lead rope, "you're okay."

"Any progress?" Logan asked, walking up to his husband and the skiddish one year old colt.

"A little. He's not trying to run anymore." Patton sighed.

Logan wrapped his arms around Patton, "I meant with you."

Patton tucked his head into Logan's shoulder, "I don't know. We lost so much so fast... The horses... Dad..."

"I know Patt." Logan hugged Patton tighter.

The brown horse cautiously stepped toward the two men. Patton gently reached out to pet the colt. Surprisingly, the horse didn't shy away. Patton smiled softly.

"Have you decided on a name for him yet?" Logan asked.

Patton shook his head, "no, not yet."

"How 'bout Thomas?" Virgil suggested, walking into the corral with a letter in his hand, "in honor of Grandpa."

Patton hummed, "I like it."

"As do I." Logan smiled.

Virgil chuckled lightly, "oh! Also, Roman and Percy sent a letter."

Patton took the letter from Virgil and opened it. He gasped.

"They're getting married!" Patton squeaked.

Logan smiled and nodded, "I thought Roman would be the one to propose. Apparently Percy beat him to it."

Virgil sighed and pouted, "I wish my boyfriend was here."

"I'm sure Angel would want to be with you too right now." Logan smiled lightly.

The horse nuzzled Virgil's cheek. The boy giggled, pushing the colt away.

"Thomas! That tickles!" He laughed.

Patton giggled, "well it's good to see you two have bonded."

Virgil blushed, "yeah yeah."

"Typical teenager." Logan gutted with a small smile, "we're we ever like that?"

"Well I specifically remember you sneaking out in the middle of the night to meet me at the loft." Patton smirked.

Logan blushed, "only a few times."

Patton giggled, "You mean almost every night for most of the summer?"

"Oh hush." Logan kissed his husband.

Virgil sighed loudly, "and I'm out."