32

T.W.: death

Patton woke up to someone walking around the house. He shrugged it off, snuggling closer to Logan. It wasn't uncommon for Remus to sleepwalk.

Patton heard the bedroom door open and sighed, "Ree, go back to bed."

Footsteps got closer. Patton sighed again, sitting up.

"Remu-"

There was a figure at the end of the bed, moonlight showing the cold metal of a gun. Patton was frozen with fear.

There were two gunshots.

"LOGAN!"

Logan collapsed on Patton's lap, bleeding from two holes in his chest. He had jumped in front of his husband. Patton sobbed, holding his husband's body.

"Why!" He begged the figure as they pointed the gun at his head, "why are you doing this! Stop!"

The gun was raised again and Patton's cries were cut off with a loud-

BANG!

~~time skip ~~

The toll of the church bells was the only sound as the brothers stood at the newly buried headstone. The funeral service had ended and the boys were the only ones left. Remy had been a mess, not able to stop crying even as he and Dice left. Dee helped  plan the funeral, "for old times sake" he said.

"Dad? Uncle Roman? Zio Virge?" Missy walked up, holding Pranks's hand, "Uncle Percy and Zio Angel are waiting for you."

"Alright," Virgil gave the twins a small smile, "well be there soon."

The twins nodded and ran back to Percy and Angel. Virgil sighed, turning to his brothers.

"It's time to go." He whispered.

"They're already gone." Remus said bitterly, not bothering to hide the tears running down his face.

"Ree..." Roman placed a hand on his twins shoulder.

Virgil took a deep breath, "it's like a light switch. Their switch turned on, they lived a good life, and then the switch turned off again. Dad and Papa aren't here anymore. We'll always remember them, but eventually... We'll have to move on."

Remus nodded and sighed, looking back at his kids, "then I think it's time we move on."

Roman gave a small smile, "I agree."

"Then let's go." Virgil said.

The three men turned away from the grave, walking toward their family. Patton and Logan had a good life filled with love and horses and family, so the cycle will continue with their kids in a beautiful, messy love-filled life. Forever.