2

Logan was startled awake by a loud voice.

"Everyone up! Come meet by the pit!"

"Ugh, what time is it?" Remy groaned.

Dee sighed, "eight."

Dice glared at the wall, "zero out of ten. Want to sleep again."

"You can say that again." Remy sighed.

Logan shook his head, "quit complaining and just get up. I'm going to change."

The boy picked up his clothes, going to the cabins bathroom and door. He sighed. Logan wondered if Patton would be there.

"Hurry up!" Dee pounded on the door.

Logan rolled his eyes, walking out of the bathroom. He passed Dee, who glared at him, and went straight out the door.

"Logan!" Patton yelled, running over, "Are you gonna go riding today!?"

Logan smiled, "I plan to."

Patton giggled, "that's great! No one usually wants to. They like swimming or football better."

"I've never seen the appeal of sports." Logan shrugged.

Patton giggled again. Logan felt his heart flutter at the sound. He wished he could hear it all the time.

"Anyway," Patton continued, interrupting Logan's thoughts, "we should probably head down to the bonfire pit."

Logan nodded, "Oh, yeah."

Patton skipped ahead, leading Logan to the Pit. Logan felt his cheeks heat up when Patton grabbed his hand. What were these feelings?

Patton giggled as he sat down, inviting Logan to sit next to him. In a matter of a few minutes, the camp leader, Thomas Sanders, came out.

"What is up everybody! I'm Thomas Sanders and I use he, him pronouns." He smiled, "Welcome to camp! You're spending the entire summer here, so here are some ground rules.

"You are not allowed to leave the camp area unless you are either accompanied by a counsoler or are in an emergency.

"No fighting and no harassing people. Also no vandalizing any camp property.

"Please be kind to the animals here, both wild and tamed.

"And finally, have fun!" Thomas laughed, "now, I'll let your counselors introduce themselves."

Several people walked up. Patton stood, giving Logan a smile before going to stand with the others.

"I'm Emile Picani and I also use he, him pronouns." A man with glasses and a blue tie smiled, "I'm the therapy here so if you're havin' troubled you can always talk to me!"

Joan was up next, "Sup dudes, Thomas said I'm not allowed to curse so I'll keep this short. I'm Joan and I use they, them pronouns."

"I'm Talyn and I use they, them pronouns." Talyn gave everyone a small wave.

"Yo, what's up, I'm Leo and I use he, him." Leo smiled, "I'm the dance instructor and nurse here."

"I'm Valerie and I use she, her pronouns." The next one introduced herself.

"I'm Quill," the person smiled, "I use all pronouns."

"I'm Davi and I use they, them pronouns." Davi said.

"And I'm Patton!" The boy giggled, "I use he, him and they, them pronouns and I work with the horses and lead trail rides!"

"Alright!" Thomas spoke again, "now there's a lot of activities here so find something you like! That's all for now so go explore! See you later guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Peace out!"

The croud started to disperse. Logan stood and made his way over to Patton.

"Hey Lo!" Patton waved, "are you ready to go riding?"

"Um, yes but-" Logan was interrupted by Thomas.

"Hey Patt, who's this?" Thomas asked.

"Logan. Logan Sollers." He introduced himself.

"We're gonna go riding!" Patton giggled.

Thomas chuckled, "good, those horses need to go out more. I don't recommend Pranks if you've never ridden before."

"I think Joan is the only one who can control that horse." Patton laughed.

Logan smiled nervously, "um, yeah. I've never ridden a horse before. Actually I've never seen a horse up close until yesterday."

"Oh." Patton nodded, "that's okay, Missy or Ra would be good for a new rider. Oh, I'm so excited! Let's go!"

"Oka-AY!" Logan yelled as Patton pulled him toward the barn.

"Okay! Stay here while I get the tack!" Patton smiled, running into a small room at the back of the barn.

Logan smiled and shook his head. He walked over to Virgil's stall, looking in at the black stallion.

Logan sighed, "who would want to abandon you?"

Virgil's ear flicked up, listening to Logan's voice.

"You're so beautiful." Logan continued, leaning on the stall door, "I wish you didn't have to go through what you did."

Virgil shuffled in the straw, snorting softly. Logan smiled, reaching his hand out. The horses ears started flicking back and forth. He snorted again, shaking out his mane.

Logan chuckled, "you're stubborn, aren't you?"

Virgil got to his feet, turning away from Logan and flicking his tail.

Logan pouted and dropped his hand, "oh, come on."

"Woah." Patton said, coming out of the room with a saddle in his arms, "Virgil's standing. What did you do?"

Logan shrugged, "I just... talked to him. I called him stubborn and he did this."

Patton laughed, earning another tail flick from the horse.

"It took us days to get him to move!" Patton giggled, "and you just called him stubborn and got him up!"

Logan flushed red, "I was just talking to him. Perhaps it was something in my voice?"

Patton shrugged, taking the saddle over to Roman's stall, "whatever you think. Now do you wanna ride Missy or Ra?"

"I feel like I'll be too tall on Ra." Logan said.

Patton giggled and nodded, "that's understandable. Roman is a bit jealous of him anyway."

Roman gave a sharp whiney, snorting afterward.

"Like I said." Patton smiled, petting the horse.

Logan chuckled, "he seems pretty hot tempered."

"Arabians usually are." Patton explained, "though Roman gets angrier than his brother. That horse always seems happy."

Logan nodded, glancing at the biting stallion. Remus looked like he was trying to figure out the lock on the door. Luckily it had a padlock on it. Logan shuddered to think of what would happen in he got out.

"Okay," Patton smiled, "I just need to saddle the horses and then we go!"

Logan nodded, giving him a smile, "sounds good. I can't wait."