18

"Hold! Still!" Logan shouted, trying to keep a struggling Remus in the bath.

"No!" Remus shrieked, climbing out of the tub and slipping under Logan's arms.

The six year old ran out to the living room. Logan sighed and grabbed a towel, following Remus out.

Patton giggled as he gently dried Roman's hair, "Having fun?"

Logan rolled his eyes as he picked up Remus, "You got the easy one."

Thomas, who was cradling Virgil, shook his head fondly, "who's the one who had the bath? You're soaked Lo."

Logan deadpanned, "I know."

"I don't wanna bath!" Remus screamed, trying to get out of Logan's grip.

"If you finish your bath I'll let you have two cookies." Patton tempted the boy.

Remus stopped struggling and pouted, "Fine!"

"Thanks Patt." Logan gave his husband a quick kiss before going back to the bathroom.

Once Remus was done with his bath and was chowing down on his second cookie, the adults decided to talk to Roman to get some answers.

"So kiddo, how long have you been by yourself?" Patton asked the boy on his lap.

"Um..." Roman thought for a second, "we ran away right after Remus's birthday. And that's June 24th."

"Do you mean yours and Remus's birthday?" Logan asked.

Roman shook his head, "our mommy said something was wrong and I had to be born early, but Remus had to stay in her tummy. My birthday is June 4th."

"Oh, okay." Patton nodded, "how were you able to eat and feed Virge?"

"We took food from grocery stores dumpsters." Roman said, "and sometimes strangers gave us food and money."

"Who was taking care of you before you ran away?" Thomas asked.

"Our evil step-grandma." Roman pouted, crossing his arms, "she was really mean and hit Remus a lot. She would drink an icky smelling drink that would make her mad and she would chase me and Remus around the house. Sometimes she wouldn't feed Virgil either."

"Oh you poor thing!" Patton hugged the boy.

"You won't make us go back... right?" Roman whimpered, looking up at Logan.

Logan sighed, "we'll try not to, but if your grandma is your legal guardian there's not much we could do."

"Does that mean we have to go back?" Roman eyes filled with tears.

"No, no." Patton comforted the child.

"We'll file an abuse report against your grandma." Thomas said, "there will be a person who will see if you'll go back or if you will be put up for adoption."

"But I don't wanna go back." Roman sniffed, "I wanna stay here! With you!"

"And we'll try our hardest to make that happen, okay?" Patton told him.

Roman nodded, wiping away tears. The adults shared a worried glance. This was going to be difficult.