Chapter 6

Danielle's Point Of View.

Once the door opened, I lost track of Fiona, I don't even know where she went or who she spoke to. I mean she was probably speaking to Jack but I wasn't sure, as I stopped paying attention to her. Instead my eyes landed on someone. No, it wasn't Ben, and this was strange because I never really paid attention to this person.
He opened the door and I could be wrong but his eyes instantly met mine. He was the first person to open the door and enter the room, and despite the fact that there were like only five other people in the room, he could have been looking at anyone else.
But I felt like he saw me, like really saw me, and I saw him. It lasted a split second, two girls that were sitting on the sofa instantly ran towards him and he turned away.
I stood there, frozen to the ground until I noticed Ben. He was hot, I mean really hot, he had black hair and a stubble, and I found it way too sexy when a man had facial hair.
I felt my legs moving on their own until I found myself standing in front of Ben.

''Hi'' I heard my self speak. He looked down at me, as he was slightly taller than me and smiled.

''Hello, lovely to meet you'' He said and grinned even more. I couldn't help but grin back. My stomach filling with butterflies. Oh my gosh, this was amazing. I wanted to rip his clothes off...

''What's your name?'' He asked and I struggled to remember it. I can't believe I forgot my own name.

''Dan..i...Dani, Danielle, but Dani, both, they...shit'' 

''Calm down'' Ben laughed 

''Danielle? I'm Ben'' He extended his arm as if he thought I didn't know him.

''Dani, you can call me Dani'' I replied, considering shaking his hand but didn't.

''I think you're amazing'' I added. He awkwardly looked down at his hand and I felt kind of stupid for not shaking it.

''Thank you! Means a lot, I really feel so honored to be admired by such lovely people like yourself'' He lowered his hand as he said this. Too cute.
Gosh he was cheerful thought, I needed a moment to appreciate this amazing moment. This was actually becoming quite awkward, I couldn't think of anything to say and I could tell Ben was feeling the awkwardness himself. 

''Could we take a picture together?'' I asked already fishing for my phone.

''Absolutely! I'd love to'' Ben smiled and I handed him my phone. As he was taller his hand extended further. I went to stand by his side and felt the heat from his body on me. He put his arm around me and we took like five selfies.

''Thank you so much, and you were amazing tonight, can't wait to see you next week'' 

''Ah, if I get through tomorrow night...''

''You will, there is no way you could go home'' I smiled and felt myself relaxing. As we continued to talk I realised that I didn't feel quite as attracted to him as I thought. Turned out he had a girlfriend called Jess, which totally put me off. 

We were in the middle of discussing his favorite song when Jake, the guy that I made eye contact with spoke. 

He made a toast, thanking everyone for being here. He looked around the room ,raising his glass of coke and once again, looked at me. I felt  that odd feeling enter my stomach. He brought the glass to his lips and took a drink of his coke, all the while watching me intently. I heard Ben say something and I only nodded and from the corner of my eye I saw him walk away.
I couldn't take my eyes off Jake, and for a moment I thought they were getting closer, soon enough they actually were. Before I knew what was happening I was looking up at Jake, bitting my lower lip.
''Hey'' He spoke and handed me a glass of coke.