Jake's Point Of View

''It's so obvious'' Ben laughed when I sat down in the seat that Dani was just sitting on. 
''What is?'' I asked trying to play it cool.
''You like her, don't you?'' Ben laughed again and took a sip from his cup. 
Did I? The answer was yes. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I felt like a total asshole for the way things ended yesterday. I wanted to make it up to her. Show her that I was a decent guy, or at least, I try to be. But I could be better for her. The way I was thinking wasn't me. I had only known her for a day and I already felt like I had known her forever. 
''I'll take that as a yes.'' 
''Anyway, I gotta head back and begin rehearsels'' Ben said and stood up. He took a tenner out of his pocket and left it on the table. 
''I'll be right behind you, I just have to make a phone call.' I said and Ben nodded and walked away. 

I sat at the empty table and took out my phone. Was it too soon to call Dani? I didn't want to seem too pushy. It had been at least five minutes since she left. What would I say? I had to man up, she was a girl, I had spoken to girls before. Why was this harder? 
I pressed on her name and put the phone to my ear. It was a very nerve wrecking five seconds. After the first ring I considered hanging up. After the second ring I thought maybe this wasn't a good idea. It suddenly welt to voice mail. Her voice made something stir in my stomach. Should I leave her a message? Before I could decide I was already talking.
''Hi, this is, Jake...um Quickenden. Jake Quickenden, I'm just calling to...um, when you get this... Call me back'' I hung up. 
I couldn't even speak properly. I was only leaving her a voice mail. Why was it so hard? 
I sat at the table for a bit longer and then got up and left. I had to get back and begin rehearsals. Tonight was going to be a big night. I was hoping I won't be going home. This competition meant the world to me. It was my career. Without singing I was pretty useless. 
I didn't take the bus. It did take me a while to walk to the studio but I needed to clear my head. I shouldn't be having such feelings for someone I didn't even know. This wasn't me. 

On my way back many people recognized me and took pictures with me. I enjoyed the attention. Ever since the first time I was on x factor I've had such amazing people come and tell me they love what I do.
It was good, I liked it , it made me feel better. At least somewhat better. After I lost my brother I felt like nothing mattered anymore. It was hard at first but I have always been a strong person. I knew people lost people every day. 
I lost my dad before I lost my brother. That was harder because I was younger. But like I said, I coped with it and took up singing. It has helped me ever since. That is why I want to make myself known because of my songs. I want to do this for my brother and my dad. 

Once I was at the studio I met up with Mel and hugged her. 
''How are you, you look very pale'' She said. She was very nice and caring. I loved having her as my mentor.
''Everything is fine'' I smiled but she wasn't buying it.
''You can talk to me Jake''
''I over thought about my family'' I said and she nodded, not making me say anymore. She knew about me losing my family members to cancer. 
''Are you read for tonight?'' She asked, changing the subject. I was glad she did.
''Of course'' I smiled, a genuine smile. I loved singing. I just hoped I wouldn't be in the bottom two.