Chapter 31

Dani's Point Of View

I stared at my reflection. The purple dress looked amazing. I never knew that I could actually look this good, in a dress. It was a quite casual dress, nothing too fancy. It stopped right above my knee and wasn't even that tight. It made my body actually look hot. 

I had let my dark hair down and applied a small amount of make up. Jake had already seen me looking like a homeless person, so I was sure that this beat everything. 

Jake had told me he would pick me up at seven and then take me to some restaurant. It was now almost seven and I was beginning to get nervous. I mean, I had already slept with him so why did going out seemed so nerve wrecking? Maybe because I was wearing a dress and was hoping that Jake would like it. 

Fiona had left an hour ago. Jack had called her and wanted to meet up with her. I was extremely happy for those two. Who would have thought that her and I would end up being with two guys that were on x factor. I mean they weren't that famous but they still were known. 

I went on twitter to pass time. I somehow ended up on Ben's twitter page. His most recent tweet caught my eye.

''Looks like it's another Starbucks night for me.''

He was probably at the same Starbucks as always. I was starting to really like it, especially when Ben was there. I wondered if he was alone there, maybe Jess was with him. I hoped he wasn't alone. 

I had lost track of time and noticed that it was already ten past seven. Where was Jake? Could be just late, but I didn't like that idea.

Before I had the chance to stress out, my phone began to ring. I smiled when I noticed Jake's name.

''Hey'' I said when I picked up.

''Dani hey'' Jake said, his voice sounding odd.

''Is everything alright?'' I asked and a bad feeling entered my stomach. Part of me wished that we were still going out for dinner.

''Um, yeah... Listen'' Jake said and it felt like my stomach dropped. 

''My mum isn't feeling too well, she needs someone here for her, I'm so sorry I feel so bad.'' Jake said with raw emotion in his voice. I felt way too disappointed. I glanced down at my dress and felt like crying.

''It's fine, I completely understand' I replied feeling a lump form in my throat. I was so excited for this.

''I am so sorry Dani, I will make it up to you, I promise okay? '' 

'I hope your mum feels better, it's fine call me when you can.''

''I will, thank you so much for understanding, I'll see you around.'' Jake said and hung up. 

I shut my eyes to stop the tears from coming. My chest ached, I didn't like this feeling. I was so excited for this, I had bought a dress, I had put in so much time... For nothing. 

I felt like crying  or at least leaving the hotel room. Maybe that's what would take my mind off this. I should go out for a walk and just clear my head. I decided to not get changed, I had put in so much effort I needed at least the outside world to see it. I grabbed a coat and left my hotel room. 

It was cold outside and my bare legs didn't feel too happy about me leaving on the dress. I walked down the street, not really caring where I ended up. It was already getting dark and people all seemed to be rushing somewhere. I wondered where Jack and Fiona were. Could they be having more fun than I am? Probably, everything would beat walking around, alone, in the middle of London. 

After a few minutes of walking I stopped and realized where I had arrived. The Starbucks shops. Of course, where else would my feet drag me. I was sure I didn't have a hidden agenda to be here.

I walked in, feeling relieved that the inside of it was warm. I could feel my face and legs begin to absorb the heat and melt all the ice that was growing on them. 

I looked around the place until I noticed the face that I was looking for. He was sitting alone, staring out the window with a cup in his hand. Oddly my heart did something weird and I almost giggled at my own reaction to seeing Ben. I inhaled deeply and slowly approached him. 

''Hello stranger'' I said. Ben jumped up in surprise, looked like he was deep in thought. 

''Oh, Dani...wow'' Ben said and looked caught off guard.

''What are you doing here?'' He asked looking into my eyes making me feel really dizzy. What was up with me? I was just ready to go out with Jake yet here I was wondering what it would feel like to touch Ben. 

''Oh, I don't even know.'' I replied honestly. 

''I thought you were going out with Jake.'' 

''Yeah.'' I replied and sat down across from him. He kept looking at me, with some confusion on his face.

''What happened?'' He asked and slightly leaned forward.

''His mum got sick so he had to cancel'' I replied drawing shapes on the table with my finger. Ben didn't reply. Instead he reached out and put his hand on mine and squeezed it. Something exploded in my stomach, sending a wave of adrenaline through my chest and all the way to my finger tips. I watched as his fingers were slightly beginning to stroke the upper part of my wrist. I felt like my skin was catching on fire with every movement.

''Ben...'' I said and looked up. Our eyes met and for a moment all I could see or focus on was his eyes. His lips parted as he began to breathe more rapidly. His fingers moved higher up my arm. 

''Ben''  I repeated my heart beat increasing, I was beginning to feel very hot. 

''Dani'' Ben whispered and the corner of his mouth turned up. 

''Let's go somewhere else.'' I said before thinking, Ben only nodded and stood up. His hand didn't leave mine as he did so. He then helped me up and lead me out of the coffee shop. The cold no longer felt like it was a problem. 

What do you think of this? Dani might need to juggle between two guys. Don't forget to vote and comment thanks