Dani's Point Of View.

Wednesday. Haven't heard from Jake.  It had only been three days, so there was nothing to worry about. I could always just call him later right? Right.

I was surprised that Fiona broke up with Liam.  I mean, sure, I wasn't the biggest Liam fan out there but breaking up with him seemed kind of deep. Then again, she liked Jack and they seemed to actually have something. Who knew things could change so quickly in less than a week? I liked it, I loved the new experiences and the way I had began to feel towards Jake. It was different and way too exciting. 

Fee and I had spent Monday and Tuesday talking and shopping, but today she had some family thing at her fathers restaurant so I was left alone for the day. So I decided to go to Starbucks. Where else would a teenager go in London? 

I went back to the Starbucks where I met Ben and Jake the last time. It seemed like a nice place, not only because Jake and Ben bought their drinks there but because the drinks were good. 

I ordered a regular latte and went to look for an empty table, until I noticed Ben, sitting at the table where I was sitting the last day. Talk about weird. I smiled and made my way towards him. He was sitting alone and part of me wondered if Jake was around, but after looking around the half empty place I couldn't spot him. I was disappointed, but didn't think much of it. He said he had to go back and see his family.

''Well, hello there'' I said when I walked up to the table. Ben looked up at me as if I had scared him.

''Oh..OH! Oh hello'' Ben said and grinned. 

''Can I sit here?'' I asked.

'Of course Dani'' Ben said and I sat down.

''How are you? How's things now that Jake left?'' 

''Oh, you know, bummer, really miss him'' Ben replied, slightly blunter than I had imagined he would have.

''Do you and him have a thing or something?'' He asked before I had a chance to reply. That took me by a surprise. I couldn't even answer that. Did Jake and I have a thing? I didn't know, I mean we were friends, I think. He had asked me out on a date Friday...

''I... we're friends, just like you and me'' I said, I think that was an honest answer. Except maybe not entirely, Ben and I weren't that close.

''Jake's a good guy, you would probably be the one person that would be perfect for him'' 

''You don't even know me that well.''

''I know you're pretty, you're out going, who wouldn't like you?'' Ben smiled. I felt my cheeks go red. He called me pretty. Ben Haenow called me pretty.
''Thanks' I swallowed and looked down at my fingers. 

''How is Jess?'' I asked trying to make sure that an awkward silence wouldn't take over.

Ben looked slightly surprised by my question.

''Your girlfriend'' I slowly said. 

''Oh'' Ben shook his head and laughed. ''Sorry yeah, we're fine.'' 

''Just fine? Everything alright?''

''Since the competition we haven't really seen each other much, but things are still good, thanks for asking. Can't believe you still remember''

Of course I remember, that probably was the reason I thought I didn't like you anymore. I mean Ben was hot, black hair, stubble, tall, who wouldn't want to be with someone like him?  Where was my mind taking this?

''I don't forget about things like that'' I replied. I met his eyes and for a moment everything went silent. 

''Listen, Friday night some of us are going out to see a movie, I was wondering if you wanted to come? '' Ben suddenly asked. 

Oh no. Why? 

''Oh..'' I looked away. Had Ben just indirectly asked me...No. He had a girlfriend, I was starting to get a big head.

''I'm sorry, I have something planned.'' I said and bit my lower lip. 

''Funny, that's what Jake told me when I asked him that'' Ben laughed and once again I felt my cheeks go red.

''Could be confidential but judging from your face it's not'' 

''Um'' I cleared my throat and Ben chuckled.

''Relax, just pulling your leg, Jake and I talk, he told he was taking you out on Friday.'' 

Oh well that was nice. In a none sarcastic way, Jake spoke about me to his best friend? That was great, that meant maybe there was something going on after all. 

''Listen, I won't keep you any longer, I gotta head back to rehearsals. But enjoy your date with Jake, he was very excited for it'' Ben said as he was getting up.

''Thanks'' I managed, still feeling very embarrassed for some reason.

''No problem, got high hopes for you both'' Ben smiled but his smile didn't reach his eyes. 

''I'll see you around'' He said before walking away.

''You too'' I said but he was out of earshot.

I sat there and finished my now lukewarm coffee. I liked Ben, but the more time I spent thinking and talking about Jake the more my feelings towards Ben turned into just friendly feelings. And that was good, because he had Jess and I was looking forward to knowing more about Jake. I did like him more and that made me smile.

I decided to spend a few minutes on twitter.

''Met Ben Haenow in Starbucks today, was lovely seeing you'' I tweeted. Moments later Ben replied. Well that was fast. Before I met him he never even noticed me. How rude?

''You too x'' 

Another tweet came up, this time from Jake. My heart jumped up in excitement. 

'Shame I missed that haha x'' 

I smiled but didn't tweet back, everyone was reading these tweets and I didn't dare to say anything that would attract the wrong kind of attention. 
I left a small tip on the table before leaving Starbucks and went back to my hotel room. A huge smile was plastered on my face and I loved it. 

Yo readers of my life. Tell me if you are

Team Dani and Jake

OR

Team Fiona and Jack

Or Team Dani and Ben 

or

Team Fiona and Liam

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thank you :)