Dani's Point Of View.

I glared at Fiona, wondering what she was up to. I mean, I wasn't going to lie to myself, yes, Ben was hot and attractive, but he had a girlfriend. Plus, I had just slept with his best friend. So whatever Fiona was trying to do wasn't going to work.

''Are you excited for tomorrow night?'' I asked turning to face Ben. 

''Oh, I really am'' Ben grinned. I couldn't help but grin back. We were pretty close, our legs were touching and if leaned in just close enough we would probably be kissing. Not that would ever happen. 

''Dani is excited for it too'' Fiona said and I turned to look at her. She was grinning too, but I'm sure her grin came with evil intentions. But I decided to play her game. 

''Oh, I am, I think you're absolutely amazing'' I said.

''Wow, thank you! That honestly means the world to me. I can't believe I've gone so far.'' Ben was so excited, and he loved to sing and perform. I could see it in his eyes as he spoke about it. It was as if he was born to be a singer. He was really amazing at it too. 

''You deserve it, you could even win the whole competition.'' I said and ever so casually put my hand on his arm. From the corner of my eye I could see Fiona's eyebrows shot up. That would teacher her not to try make a game out of this. 

''Ah, stop it you'' Ben smiled, and didn't even seem bothered about my hand being on his. 

''Oh, Dani, I think we should go get ready for your date with Jake'' Fiona said and I almost choked on air. 

I quickly removed my hand from Ben's and looked at Fiona, 

''Oh right I forgot about that, Jake's really excited.'' Ben said, still looking all happy. 

''You spoken to him?'' I asked, feeling butterflies in my stomach as I recalled last night. 

'Not for a few days, but his mum is coming into town so he's busy. Awesome how he made time for you'' Ben said and squeezed my shoulder. He was so nice, I wished I could have cuddled him. But not in a very romantic way, just friendly way, of course. 

''Right, well we should go.'' Fiona said and I could tell she felt defeated at her own game.

''Good luck tomorrow night'' I told Ben. 

''Thank you! It was awesome seeing you guys'' Ben said and gave us a quick wave as Fiona and I left the coffee shop.

''Wow do you hate me?'' I said as soon as we were outside.

''No, but you like Ben so I wanted to have fun.'' Fiona said, almost skipping with joy.

''Your joy in making my life a mess irritates me.'' I said. 

''Oh come on, I'm just kidding with you. I know you like Jake, but nobody said you weren't allowed to like Ben too. After all, he is like your type. Don't you like tall guys with dark hair?'' Fiona said and rose and eyebrow. We stood on the side of the road waiting to cross it. 

''I'll just give all of my attention to Jake, alright?'' I said just as the little man turned green. 

''Fine, fine. Anyway, let's go buy something incredibly sexy for your date.'' Fiona said and pulled me towards a bus stop. 

''What about this one?'' Fiona said, holding up another dress. This one was dark blue, short and sleeve less. It was covered in small crystal like glitter. 

''Uh...'' I said, feeling exhausted. I didn't need a dress, I didn't wear dressed. I hated dressed. Why would someone buy a dress? I didn't understand them. I didn't like them and I was sure I looked like a fat cow in them.

''Please, just try it on!'' Fiona said giving me her puppy dog eyes. 

''Fine.'' I sighed.

''Maybe if I find a bigger size.'' I said and walked over to where she picked up the dress.

''No, this is perfect, now go.'' Fiona said and pushed the dress into my hands. I rolled my eyes and walked to the dressing room.

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror. The dressed stopped just above my knees. I hated my knees, they looked deformed. It hugged me so tightly I didn't know if I was going to be able to breathe. It made my breasts seem massive and that made me shudder. There was no way I was going to go out in public looking like this. This wasn't the right dress. My arms looked like big chicken wings and I felt like a massive blue berry. 

''Nope sorry.'' I said to myself and quickly got out of the dress.

''What, no I wanted to see how it looked like!'' Fiona said when I walked out of the dressing room holding the dress.

''I'm sorry, but if I was going to wear a dress in public, especially in front of Jake, I would have to choose it.'' I said and set the dress back into it's original place. 

''Ugh.'' Fiona said and followed me. 

''I wank dark, but not black. Maybe purple.'' I said as I circled the various shops. I had told Fiona that her opinion wasn't going to matter so she stopped talking and just followed me around. 

''Wait.'' I said as I noticed something I liked.

''This...'' I said picking it up and examining it. 

''This is perfect.'' I said feeling excited. 

''YES!'' Fiona screamed and jumped up and down.

''That is so cute, oh my gosh, go try it on.'' Fiona said, unable to contain her excitement. I laughed and did as told. I was excited to try it on too. I was sure it was going to look good and that Jake was going to love it. Well, at least I hoped he would.