Chapter 38

Dani's Point Of View.

Fiona stood up and ran towards the door. I watched as she shut the door behind her. 

''Wait.'' I said to Jake and stood up. What had happened? She was just watching Jack perform, did something happen between them two?

I walked outside of my hotel room and Fiona wasn't in the hall. She must be outside. I ran towards the elevator but it wouldn't open. It was going down. Stairs it was then. 

After running down three flights of stairs I was breathless. I saw Fiona running out the door, I didn't even have a chance to call her name.

I ran after her, realizing how unfit I was. 

I walked out the big double door and caught up with Fiona.

''What's wrong?'' I asked, breathless. I took a deep breath to try calm my heart.

''Long story.'' Fiona said and put her hand on her forehead. 

''I have time.''

''You don't''

''I do.''

''You have Jake waiting for you upstairs.''

''He can wait.'' I said

Fiona raised her eyebrow. 

''What's wrong, did something happen with Jack?'' 

Fiona bit the inside of her cheek and nodded.. 

''We kind of broke up, I think he went back to his girlfriend.'' Fiona said.

My eyes widened. 

''I saw him this morning with her.''

''How do you know they are back together?'' I asked.

''Did you not hear what he said on TV just now? He was obviously talking about her. I want him back, Dani, but I don't think I can get him back.'' Fiona said. People were walking past us. I pushed Fiona out of the way towards the wall of the Hotel. 

''He could have been talking about you.' I said.

''I don't know if there is any point to this anyway. Maybe I should go back to Liam, things were simple.'' Fiona said and leaned against the wall and sighed.

''Don't be ridiculous.'' I said.

''I'm not, I think that's  the only way. Who am I kidding? I mean, he's known and I'm a nobody. I don't want to go through this.'' 

I didn't know what to reply, was she being serious? I mean, I thought Fiona and Jack being together was great. I didn't see a problem with it. She wasn't getting any hate from anyone. Why was she thinking this way. She wasn't even sure that he was back with his ex. I didn't know Jack, but I was sure that he wouldn't do that to Fiona. 

''Wait until tomorrow, talk to him.'' I said.

''You think I should give it a go?'' Fiona asked.

''Yes.'' I said. 

Fiona sighed. 

''Fine, I still want him though, but if it isn't going to work out, then I'm going to give up.'' Fiona said.

''Ok, it's your choice, just give it another try.'' I said and pulled her into a hug.

''Now we have to figure out your situation.'' Fiona said as she let go of the hug.

''What situation?'' I asked.

''The situation where you slept with Ben and haven't told Jake.'' Fiona said.

''You slept with Ben?'' I suddenly heard Jake. 

I swallowed. No.

I turned to my right to see Jake standing by the door of the hotel room. Looking at me and Fiona. 

I stared at him, unsure of what to say.

''Thanks.'' Jake said and turned to walk away.

''Jake wait,'' I called, running after him. He stopped and slowly turned around.

''What? Did you want to give me the details?'' He asked, I could see he was hurt.

''Jake, I ....'' I didn't know what to say.

''I can't make it to one date because my mother is sick and you go and sleep with my best friend, smooth, real smooth.'' Jake said.

''Jake it wasn't like that.'' I said, but deep down I knew that it was exactly like that. 

''Forget this, I have to get back to my mother.'' Jake said and turned around. 

''Jake.'' I called but he didn't stop, he didn't even turn around. I stood in the middle of the pathway watching him walk away. Slowly losing my visual of him as he blended in with the rest of the people. This wasn't how I hoped he would find out. 

''Dani I'm so sorry.'' Fiona was by my side.

''It doesn't matter.'' I said and walked back inside the hotel.