(Deku pt.2) More than I Thought

The bushes open almost like a curtain and a whole new space is revealed, but is still surrounded by hedges. The space is smaller and isn't in a plain square like the area I was in before.

"Where are we?" I ask confused.

"This is a maze I used to come to a lot as a kid. I never could get out, so I made this little hole right here. Technically the middle is the end and the way we got here was supposed to be the exit, but I thought it would be fun if we could find our way out rather than to the center." He says nervously.

"That does sound fun!" I say with a big smile spread across my face. "So is there a map or something?" I ask.

"Since when did mazes have maps?" He answered  my question with another.

"I was kinda hoping you had a cheat sheet of the correct route since you've been here before but I guess not." I say looking down.

"Like I said, I've never actually made it out on my own. I just cheated." He chuckled. "But hey, the longer it takes the get out, the more time we'll have to talk to each other." He smiled.

"You right. You right." I nodded and smiled.

"Well let's get to it." He says while walking ahead of me.

I pick up my pace to catch up and slow down when we're standing right next to each other. We take a couple rights and lefts and take turns deciding which way to go when there's a fork in the road.

"So do you have any siblings?" Deku asks, breaking the extended silence.

"I have a brother and a sister, but I never lived with them, so I don't know them too well. How about you." I asked.

"None. I'm an only child as far as I know." Deku responded.

There was more silence. There was so much I wanted to say, but I didn't know how to say it. My brain went blank and the only thing I could I could think to ask was:

"Truth or Dare?" I ask and Deku stopped walking, putting his hand up to his chin like he's thinking long and hard about this simple question.

"Technically the last question I asked you was a truth so how about a dare." He says cheerfully.

"I didn't think you were the type to go after a dare like that. I only thought of a couple truths." I laughed. "Hmm, let me think."    

Only truths were flowing through my mind. I couldn't think of a simple fun dare for him to do. Deku starting walking again and I start walking behind him, still thinking of dares we could possibly do in this endless field of hedges.

"Strip." I said, once again, not thinking before I said it.

"Okay." He said without hesitation.

"Wait what?!" I asked more nervous than Deku and he was the one stripping.

I was calmed down by the fact that he only took off his shoes, but at the same time, I wish he would've taken off something else instead. He tied his shoes together by the shoelace and threw one of the shoes over his shoulder to carry them.

"Hey no fair. We're the same height now. I want to be shorter." I pout, stopping in my tracks to take off my own shoes, not minding the fact that it wasn't even my dare. I stood straight up, and Deku was a heads length taller than me. "That's better." I sigh in relief.

"But we were almost the same height when we had shoes on." Deku said.

"Shhhhhhhh. Key word, almost." I say with a smile on my face. All I could ever do was smile or laugh when I talked to Deku.

"Truth or Dare?" He asked.

"Oh right. I guess it is my turn. How about dare. I need a little spice in my life." I say confidently.

"Perfect." He says, implying the fact that he's already thought of a dare for me. "I dare you to climb the hedges."

"But isn't that cheating? I ask since we were in a maze.

"Trust me, it won't make a difference in whether we get out or not." He says and I trust his words.

I looked up at the tall hedges I had to climb. They looked almost ten feet tall. The only thing I ever really climbed were fences. The branches were hard to grab or step on unlike the holes in a wire fence. It took me a moment to plan a strategy. Uraraka would really come in handy in times like this. My final conclusion was to just jump and hope I'd make it.

I leapt for the hedge and froze it in a time freeze bubble so that the thin branches wouldn't break or move at all when I tried to grab or step on them. My attempt was successful and I made it to the top. I looked around and there were only hedges for what seemed like miles. There wasn't even a way to cheat this maze. I noticed the sun was about to set. I was about to go back down to Deku until I saw him right next to me on the tall hedge.

"How did you get up here?" I questioned him.

"I jumped." He said, like jumping a ten foot hegde was something he did on the daily. I just left it at that. "It looks like a lot doesn't it." He continued.

"Yeah. How are we supposed to make it out of here before it gets dark." I ask, concerned on how we were ever supposed to make it out.

"Don't worry. Worst case scenario, we have to camp out here. That's why I have this bookbag." He reassured, and turned so that the backpack was visible to me.

Was that always there? I ask myself.

The sun was setting faster and faster.

"Well we should get to setting up camp before we can't see anything. I'm kinda afraid of the dark ya know." I say playing with my fingers.