About oils + recipes

You can use oils as part of a ritual. In traditional magick, oils are placed in the West of the altar for the Water element, or the East, if lit, to symbolize the fragrance rising on the Air. But they can equally form the focus of any spell, each oil being charged with its particular purpose before use.

Oils are very potent and should only be used in accordance with instructions inside the box from the manufacturer. Certain oils, particularly citrus oils, can irritate the skin if they are exposed to the light, and about half of the normal amount of other oils should be used in baths and massage. Avoid direct sunlight for six hours after use. Some can be an irritant to the skin and so should be used sparingly and well-diluted.

Oils should never be taken internally and, except for pure rose and lavender, should not be applied undiluted to the skin.
-
-
Altar oil:
You'll need:
•4 ml frankincense
•2 ml myrrh
•1 ml cedar wood
Anoint the altar with this oil at regular intervals, calling your Deity (Deities) to watch over it. Mix with 4 oz base oil. Recipe is for a year of 13 Full moon phases, keep the blessing oil in tightly capped dark glass bottle.

Athena oil:
You'll need-
•1 oz cedar wood chips
•1/2 oz camphor
•7 drops musk oil
•Female sweat (as much as possible)
•6 olives unstuffed and preferably black
The olive is sacred to Athena, so use pure olive oil as an anointing oil in particular, rub between the palms of your hands and anoint your feet, forehead and lips.

Blend the first four ingredients well, at the full moon, and add the olives. Put in a jar and leave for one month to mature. Then remove the olives (which will have imparted their essence to the rest) and throw them away.

Anointing oils:
You'll need-
•5 drops sandalwood
•3 drops cedar wood
•1 drop orange
•1 drop lemon
Mix with 4 oz. of carrier oil. Use for general ritual anointing purposes. Recipe is for 12 or more uses.

Full moon oil:
You'll need-
•13 drops of sandalwood essential oil
•9 drops of vanilla essential oil or extract
•3 drops of jasmine essential oil
•1 drop of rose essential oil
Mix prior to a Full Moon. Charge in a clear container or vial in the light of the Full Moon. Use to anoint candles or yourself for Full Moon rituals or just when you feel like you need the Moons energy.