One|| Run

A/N: Revised and edited

Theme Song: Stand Up by Cynthia Erivo

-----------------------------------------------------------

||Ariel's P.O.V||

Okay, so let's get this one thing straight. Werewolves? They're real. And I am one.

Separated into seven packs, America is dominated by werewolves. America and England are the main hubs for wolves- other countries like Brazil and African countries are mainly ruled by other supernatural species, like witches and vampires.

The War Pack is led by Alpha Rebecca- the first female Alpha. Her ruthlessness was outdone only by the King himself.

The Crescent Pack is led by Alpha Hudson, a man whose intelligence was matched by no other.

The Shadow Pack is led by a werewolf/witch hybrid, Alpha James. A powerful man with an undying sense of loyalty.

The Ash Pack, led by Alpha James' little sister, Alpha Jemma. While she did not inherit her witch powers, she was still a powerful woman of benevolence.

The Ice Pack iss led by the vicious Alpha Kaden, the Alpha whose pack contained the werewolf version of Gitmo.

And the Star Pack, led by the half-lycan Alpha Evan. He was feared for his cold blooded kills.

And lastly, The Blood Pack. Alpha King Tristan, our King and the representative for the werewolves of America. A werewolf/ vampire hybrid, ruthless, cruel, and unforgiving.

And like I said, I'm a werewolf too, but I'm not just any old werewolf. I'm a hybrid like the King, and I contain the powers of my people.

I have no pack. I'm the orphaned offspring of a she-wolf from the Ash Pack and the former Beta of the Shadow Pack.

And I'm not safe.

Twigs broke underneath my bare feet as I raced through the woods, ignoring the painful lashes that the branches left on my face and arms as I dove between trees.

I still had on my black jeans, although there wasn't much left of my white t-shirt, it was torn across my midriff, a great big claw mark ripped through the fabric.

Blood stained the shirt from my multiple small scratches and the wound across my stomach, bleeding through my shirt.

I didn't check over my shoulder to see if I was still being followed, I didn't need to. I was sure that my pursuer was not far behind. I was in pain but my steps didn't falter, I kept pushing on, my breath labored and my heart racing, my lungs burning trying to keep up.

I don't really know how long I'd been running. Looking up at the position of the sun, I assumed it was early afternoon. I'd been running nonstop since late last night.

My heightened hearing picked up the sounds of footsteps and indistinct chatter, and I pushed my aching legs faster.

"Help!" I yelled into the woods. I didn't see anything except for trees, but my ears picked up shouting coming closer. I saw that there was a break between the trees and noticed it wasn’t just a break in trees, it was a rising in the ground, with a drop.

I made a split second decision before launching over the edge, tumbling down onto the ground, landing with a nasty, painful thud, and rolling down a hill. I slammed against a tree trunk, my back nearly shattering from the force.

I groaned in pain, opening my eyes. My body was burning with pain and protesting greatly to the use, but I did not pay any attention to it, noticing three figures coming down the slope towards me. They were dressed in bullet proof vests and had government issued guns.