Twenty-Seven|| A Pack

"Where are you going?" Tristan leaned against the door frame of our closet, his arms crossed over my chest, curiosity in his eyes.

"Phoebe and I are going to lunch at a cafè in the square," I told him, pulling my jeans up my legs and over my hips.

"How long will you be gone?" He asked.

"I don't know," I replied. "Because Tessa and I are going shopping afterwards."

"How long do you think that will take?" He asked.

"Do I have a curfew, Dad?" I teased while buttoning a dark blue, satin button up over my black bra.

"I'm just wondering when you'll be back," He said defensively.

I pulled my hair out of my shirt and ran my fingers through the straightened strands to make sure it wasn't tangled.

Tristan left me while I put on socks and black combat boots. I heard him turn on the t.v in the living room.

"We're on the news again," he called.

"Aren't we always?" I called back. I put on my watch, my fake diamond earrings and a silver necklace with a heart Tristan had bought me last week.

"Yeah, this time it's about your missions though," Tristan replied. I walked out of our bedroom and joined him in the living room.

A woman was talking, standing outside of Paravel.

"...The future Queen Ariel Porter has been conducting these so called 'missions' with S.I.D authorities, and my sources say the Alphas and Lunas have been on some of these missions," the woman was saying.

"How do they know about this?" I asked. Tristan's phone rang and he looked down at it.

"It's Hudson," he told me before walking away and answering it.

"These missions allegedly are the hidden battles of a war that has been brewing since the Queen showed up bloody on the Blood Pack's doorstep, bringing news of an attempt at genocide against a new kind of wolf that call themselves the 'Gifted'." The woman added.

Tristan hung up and returned to me. "That was Hudson. They've identified the leak; it was one of Kaden's techies. Kaden's dealing with it now." He told me.

"These Gifted are wolves that have other special abilities, such as telekinesis, ergogenesis, telepathy, and many more. No one knows anything except that the Gifted and those hunting them remained off of everyone's radar until the future Queen showed up chased by a handful of this group's soldiers." The woman added.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked, concerned.

"How did the techie even know this?" Tristan wondered. The door burst open, and Jax, Tessa, Rafael and Ivy walked in.

"Are you seeing this?" Jax asked.

"My phone's going crazy, everyone's a mess." Tessa added.

"These missions and this war have apparently been approved by the Council but kept secret from the citizens as a matter of National Security," the reporter continued.

"Well then why the hell are you spreading it?!" Tessa demanded the t.v.

As if the t.v would answer.

Jax yelled at someone on the phone, and it looked like Rafael was mind linking with someone.

"Look!" Ivy pointed at the screen, and I saw Klaus approached the woman on the t.v.