Part 25

Sunlight was illuminating Asami's apartment. Through the gap between the curtains, the rays were making their way inside her room. A bright beam struck directly upon her close eyelids. It's brilliance disturbed her sleep. She squeezed her eyes and covered her head with the blanket. However, the sleep was already broken.

After a few moments of discomfort, she pulled herself into a seated position and rubbed her eyes. She looked around with half open eyes and found herself in her own bedroom, but something just didn't feel right, something she couldn't put her finger on. Something troubled her, as she sat motionless, staring at her blanket.

Then suddenly, it came back to her, as her eyes landed on the blue ring around her finger and travelled up to the crystal pendant.

Last night moments replayed in her mind like some sort of film. Her heart began to feel heavy. Was that all just a dream? Did she really get Mitsugan? Did she really meet her parents? The ring and the pendant were the proof, but it still felt unreal. She wanted to live those moment again .. to feel again the warmth and sense of security she had felt by being in her parents arms. But unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen.

She let out a heavy sigh, and the next thought that crossed her mind was of Kakashi. He must have brought her to her apartment. But where was he now?

"Kakashi?" she called, as she got up from her bed. That was when she realized how much fatigued her body was. Achieving mitsugan was surely tiring.

She came out of the bedroom. He wasn't in the living room either. Didn't he stay last night? She went into the kitchen and noticed covered food placed on the kitchen table and a note beside it. She picked up the note and unfolded it.

Good morning, sleepyhead.

Hope you're feeling better.

I'm at the tower in the forest of death. Come there when you wake up. And also, don't forget to eat the breakfast I made for you. Hope it tastes good. 

Love you.

-Kakashi.

Smile never left her lips, as her eyes read the note. She placed the note back onto the table and uncovered the food. It was a smiple sandwich, cut in the shape of a heart, showing his love and care for her. She appreciated the way he had supported her at every single step. She knew she was lucky to have him by her side. She certainly had fallen for the best person.

Time skip

It was 11am when Asami entered the tower. Her eyes roamed in search of silver hair, as she walked past several jounins.

"Asami."

A familiar voice came from behind. She looked over her shoulder at the black haired female.

"Hey Kurenai." Asami smiled widely and walked over to her.

Instead of speaking anything, Kurenai just pulled Asami to a corner of the hall, away from the crowd.

"What's wrong?" Asami asked, seeing her friend's strange expressions.

"You and Kakashi are dating. Is this true?" Kurenai raised her brow, crossing her arms over her chest.

"W-What?" Asami's eyes widened. "I mean, how do you know that?" she asked, her cheeks getting rosy.

"Guy." Kurenai simply answered.

"Oh," Asami responded.

"What happened to you, Asami?" Kurenai asked seriously. "Are you sure you can trust him? I mean, you saw him and Anko kissing. Right?"