Part 21

The third Hokage had summoned Asami and Kakashi at his office. It was fourth day of the second test of chunin exam.

Asami and Kakashi were standing in front of the Hokage who was sitting behind his desk. Besides them, two Anbus along andva certain purple haired female Anko were also present in the room. The atmosphere was tense.

"So, he has made his move hn," Asami said, furrowing her brows.

"Yeah," the Hokage replied.

"He's not going to back down so easily. We should increase the security. Giving a curse mark to Sasuke wasn't his only motive. He's planning something big. I'm telling you," Asami said with a panic look on her face.

"Relax, Asami." The old Hokage, exhaling a puff of smoke from his pipe.

"How can I relax? I gave you report, didn't I? We can't just sit around and watch him do whatever he wants. We have to do something before it's too late," she asserted, her voice raised this time.

"I understand you, Asami. Based on your report, we have increased security and assigned Anbu black ops for further investigation," the Hokage explained, as he stood up from his seat and walked over to her. "So, don't worry," he added, smiling gently.

Asami sighed and nodded, still feeling unconvinced though. The Hokage patted her shoulder and walked out of the room along with the anbus, leaving Asami, Kakashi and Anko in the room.

Asami was worried for her village's safety. That snake sanin was on his move now like she had feared. Kakashi noticed the frown on her face. He placed his hand on her lower back and rubbed it gently in attempt to calm her down.

"Relax. Everything will be okay," he said softly. She looked up at him and nodded, as a sweet smile played on her lips. It was always soothing having Kakashi by her side.

This little sweet interaction didn't get unnoticed by the other female present in the room.

"What the hell did happene when I was busy in the second exam? I thought .. I .. but how?" Anko thought, as she watched the interaction between the two.

"Damn you, Asami." She grunted, clenching her fists. She wasn't going to give up. She wasn't going to let Kakashi go so easily. So, she walked up to the duo.

"Say Kakashi. How have you been?" Anko asked, plastering a smirk on her face.

"Good," Kakashi replied, not paying any attention to her.

It was clear to both Asami and Kakashi what exactly she was trying to do once again.

"What about we go out tonight? You and me?" Anko asked, as she invaded his personal space and hugged his arm. 

Asami just looked away, trying to ignore her. She knew Kakashi loved her and not Anko, but this didn't stop her from feeling annoyed at the way the Anko was clinging to Kakashi. Kakashi stealed a glance at Asami. She was looking to the other side, pretending to be unaffected.

"I'm rather busy," he stated bluntly, pulling his arm from Anko's grasp.

"Aw come on, Kakashi. Your genins are busy in exam, so you should be free," Anko persisted, placing her hand on his shoulder and eyeing him seductively.

"Actually," Kakashi started, as he pushed Anko's hand away.

"Asmai and I are going on a date tonight," he added, putting his arm around Asami's waist, catching her off gaurd.

"Whoa .. he never told me .. liar," Asami thought, staring at him through the tips of her eyes. But it kind of made her feel happy deep down. On the other hand, this infuriated Anko.

"What? You two are dating?" Anko asked, shock and a hint of anger evident in her tone.

"Yup." Kakashi responded calmly.

"You can't," Anko stated.

"Of course we can," he trailed off plainly.

"No, you can't do that, Kakashi," she snapped aggressively.

"O Really?" He raised his visible brow.

"You can't betray me. You just can't leave me like that," she barked out.

"Leave you? We were never together, Anko," he stated.

"O yeah. What about the kiss in the training ground that day?" Anko said, trying to spoil their relationship but failed miserably, as Asami already knew the truth.

"That was your cheap trick to create a misunderstanding between us," Asami spoke up.

Anko's eyes widened. She clenched her fists. The look on her face was showing her feelings of powerlessness at her miserable failure in an attempt to break the bond Asami and Kakashi shared.

"You can't do that, Kakashi. I won't let you!" She spat. She was seeing herself losing the game that she had started.

"What's going on here?"

Came a voice from behind. They all turned to look at the person. It was Iruka and Gai too.

"Uh-oh." Asami sighed, as it was going to be like adding fuel to the fire.

"Hey Asami, where were you last night. I went to your apartment when you didn't show up at my place, but you weren't there either. I was worried," Iruka said, as he and Gai approached the three.

"I uh..," Asami started.

"She was with me," Kakashi answered for her.

"With you?" Iruka questioned with a confuse look.

"Yeah with me," Kakashi replied, tightening his grip on Asami's waist and pulling her closer to him.

"Hey Kakashi. You can't act like she's your property!" Gai exclaimed, pointing his finger at his eternal rival.

"Yeah," Iruka agreed.

Kakashi sighed in annoyance.

"Asami," he said, making the said female look up at him.

"I love you," he stated and didn't hesitate to plant a tender kiss on her lips.

A/N:
Yo!
Hope you are doing good!
Here was another chapter. Sorry fod being late. Next chapter will be up soon!
Thanks for your votes :) ❤️