Chapter 4

Shawn pov

I walk towards my locker and put in my combination. I swing open the door and look inside and grab my books I need for music class. Well they're not really books, its music ive been writing.

I shut my locker door as I see Alex opening her locker and taking her books out. Should I walk up to her? Before I could even think about it my feet had a mind of their own as I started to walk towards her.

"Hey Al" I say passing a smile. She smiles back damn her smiles infectious.

"Hey shawny" she says with a giggle.

We stand looking into each others eyes, but we're soon interrupted by the bell.

"See you after class?" I ask. She nods and throws a smile in my direction as she turns around and heads down the hallway to her class.

I stand in he hallway and just watch her walk away from me.  Until my thoughts are interrupted.

"Mr Mendes, shouldn't you be in music class?" One of many teachers at the school asks.

I nod and pick up my guitar as I head to class.

Alex pov

I walk through the main doors that lead into the hallway. I start to walk up the hallway until I get to my locker. I put in my combination and grab the books I need for first period.

I close my locker and I hear someone talking behind me. To my amazement it was shawn.

"Hey Al" he said with a grin on his face

"Hey shawny" I reply returning the smile.

We just looked into eachothers eyes, without a word between us, but the bell is the cue to stop and head to class.

"See you after class?" Shawn asks.  I nod and smile as I head to my class.

I walk through the door of first period. Photography. I love photography so much, and I hope to have it as a career. Bryant ( a/n nashs photographer he has now, but in my story he isn't at the moment!) is my inspiration,  he always captures the moment.

I look up from my desk and pay attention to my photography teacher. Miss Silver, shes a youngish teacher and honestly shes so sweet. She's the teacher that makes me feel welcome.

"Okay class so an assignment I'm setting is going to last for 2 months so you can get a good chance to find what is best for you and  this time is  for you to capture something important in your life with a Polaroid camera" Miss Silver begins, the second I heard Polaroid I smiled.

"Make sure the moment is captured within the photo as it will be an important part of your work, you may use more than one photo, and you can present them whatever way you want" she finishes while smiling at the class.

I have the perfect idea for this assignment.

Shawn pov

I walk to class affer practically being kicked out of class.

I open the door.

"Sorry im late" I say closing the door with my spare hand as I walk over and take my seat.

I take my acoustic guitar out of the case and I start to read over the songs I started to write. One I started writing last night after walking alex home.

I read over the lines,  the song felt special and right. I've never felt this way about someone before, yes I know its been 3 days but I feel like ive known her a lifetime plus more.

I place my fingers onto my guitar as I start to practice my song. I played the notes over making a few adjustments along the way. I want  to eventually tell alex how I feel for her, by playing this song to her.

I just feel nervous what if she doesn't feel the same? I think I'll wait a little longer. I'll make friends with her so I know her more then I'll play my song.

***6 hours later after school***

(Still shawns pov)

I grab my back and fling it over my back and pick up my guitar case. Thank gos it was Friday.  I walk out of school and I start to walk to the school bus, I stop in my tracks to see alex sitting once again on the bench.

"Hey" I say taking a seat next to her on the bench.

"Hey" she replies smiling

"Come on I'll walk you home" I say smiling,  she smiles back and nods.

I knew her mom would forget again. Well I didn't but I hoped.  We walk along the cobbled sidewalk again, as we talk about a load of random stuff.

Time flies when I'm with alex, as we soon arrive outside her house.

"Thanks for walking me home" alex says with a smirk.

"No problem al, u-um do you want to go somewhere with me tomorrow?" I ask nervously

Alex stares for4 a few moments and lets out a grin

"Yeah I'd love too!" She says in a cheery tone.

"Could I get your number so I can text you the details?" I ask still with a smile.

She agrees as we exchange numbers

"See you tomorrow" I say as I wave and start to walk home.

Im going out with alex. Tomorrow.  Is this real?

A/n Thanks for reading! I'll update again soon!

Social media

Twitter- @nashs_arizona

~ em x