Chapter 33

Shawn pov

Early this morning I was discharged from hospital. And I couldn't be happier. I hate that place, and I hope I NEVER enter one again unless it's for a good reason.

Today is Alex and I's date and I've planned to take her to the beach. Followed by a candle lit dinner topped off with a walk along the board walk.

I grab my phone out of my pocket so I can text alex. I begin to text as my mom puts the keys in the ignition to start the car.

Hey beautiful, be ready for 3 :) wear something casual but pack something nice for later. see you soon!

I hit send before putting my phone into my pocket and looking at the scenery on the way home.

We finally arrive back home and it's a view that gains a smile. I've missed my house. yeah it's only been 2 days but still. I need my bed.

I get out of the car closing the door behind me. I walk up our pathway before opening the door to see Aaliyah sitting on the couch

"Shawn!" She shouts before running up to me giving me a hug. I immediately hug back which makes a huge smile form on my face. I've missed my lil sis.

"Don't ever do that to me again" she whispers with a tear in her eye

"I promise" I whisper back before pulling her back into the hug

I soon pull out of the hug and grab my bag before walking up to my room.

I throw my bag onto my unmade bed before grabbing my phone out of my pocket.

I have one new message from alex.

Okay Shawny! I can't wait, see you at 3 :) x

I smile before placing my phone into my bed.

I sit down on the edge of my bed thinking about all the mistakes I've made.

I pull up my sleeve of my sweater to reveal my cuts. They're healing a little, but I feel so stupid. Why did I try to take my own life?

I sigh before grabbing a pair of shorts out of my drawer to wear to the beach. I don't pack anything formal as I'll bring Alex back here to get ready.

I check the time on my phone 2:30. Okay I'll head out in 10 minutes. I thought to myself.

I grab my ray bands and my phone before exiting my bedroom.

I walk downstairs to see my mom and Aaliyah sitting on the couch reading girl magazines.

"Where are you going Mr?" My mom asks

I feel my cheeks burn up. Shoot I didn't tell my mom.

"I'm taking Alex on a date" I say with a smirk

"Ooohhhh!" Both My mom and Aaliyah say in unison

I shake my head before grabbing my sweater off the back of the sofa.

I'm not showing my cuts in public. I want them to be on show the least as possible.

Alex pov

I can't wait for this date with shawn. I can already tell it's going to be amazing.

I walk over to my drawers and pick out a white crop top and a pair of denim shorts. I put both items of clothing on before tying a red and black checkered flannel around my waist. I put on a pair of white 'All star converse' on and I put an anklet with daisies around my ankle.

I walk over to my mirror to start on my hair. I grab my curling wand and I wait for it to heat up. Once heated I start to curl my hair into beached waves.