Chapter 28

Shawn pov

I wake up to a burning sensation in my throat. It stung like hell.

I run over to the mini fridge and grab a bottle of water quietly, making sure i dont wake anyone up.

I unscrew the lid of the bottle as i chug it down seeing if i felt any better. And nope the hell I didn't.

I walk back over to my bed and grab my phone to check the time. 3:45am seriously shawn, you pick to be sick this early in the morning?

As i put my phone back down on the bedside drawers the burning sensation in my throat gets 100x worse. I grab my phone again and go onto google. I type in 'Why is my throat burning?' I went onto google because google always has the answers.

I scroll through many pages an most of them say 'its just a sore throat' or 'tonsillitis' I'm hoping a sore throat is only the case.

I lay my head back onto my pillow to get my mind off the pain, before i knew it i was fast asleep again.

-------Morning--------

I wake up and I see that everyone is already up. I sit up and I immediately get the horrible burning sensation in my throat again. I need to get this checked.

"H-hey" I say with minimal effort as it hurt to talk.

FUCK. I have the tour and i can hardly talk let alone sing!. no this can't be happening.

"You okay man?" Nash asks

I shake my head signalling i dont think i am.

"I'm gonna go to the hospital to see whats up" i say in a low hoarse voice.

I hear a bunch of 'Okays' and ' see you soons'

I quickly get changed into a pair of jeans with a pair of red vans a shirt and a flannel to finish the look.

I head down to the lobby as i exit the hotel to see the limo waiting.

"Hospital" i say to the driver before getting into the limo and taking a seat.

A few minutes later I arrive at the hospital. I walk up to the desk and I wait to be spoken to by the secretary.

"Can I help you?" the woman asks from behind the desk

I nod as i walk towards the desk to speak to her.

"Uh yeah, I have a really sore throat and it burns like hell. I came to get it checked" i say as loud as i can; which probably wasnt loud at all.

"Ah, of course sir, i'll just need a few details and i'll have you wait in the waiting room" she says with a smile. I smile back as i walk over to the waiting room and take a seat.

Minutes go by, different names called to go see the doctor.

"Mr Mendes" i hear the doctor call from behind the desk.

I nod as I get up from my chair and walk over to the check up room for my appointment...

Alex POV

We all woke up pretty early this morning. I guess the whole timezone thing has messed up our sleeping patterns.

Shawn left about half an hour ago to get checked out at the hospital. I hope he's okay.

"Guys, what should we do until shawn gets back?!" Matt asks Nash, me, cameron and the jacks.

I shrug my shoulders and soon theres a whole mexican wave of shoulder shrugging.

"I dont know man, but we should stay here for when shawn comes back, the shows in a few hours" Johnson replies

We all nod in agreement and we decide to watch a movie on netflix.

"What are we gonna watch?" i ask whilst snuggling into Nashs arm.

"Despicable Me of course!" Matt shouts.

Trust matt and his lil minion friends

We play the movie and most of it all you could hear was the laughter filling the air in the room.

Suddenly Shawn bursts into the room with tears running down his face. Wait. What?

"Shawn?!" i shout jumping up to give him a comforting hug.

"Guys-------" Shawn takes a pause so he can catch his breath

I look at him sympathetically, what the hells wrong?

"Guys, the tours over" Shawn says whilst shaking with tears forming in his eyes

"Wait what?!" the Jacks shout in unison before standing up to join Shawn and I.

"Why?!" Matt questions looking concerned

Shawn POV

I broke down in the hospital. This can't be happening. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to me. My dream broken into a million pieces right before my eyes.

As i walked into the hotel room everyone immediately looked concerned, especially alex.

"Whats happened?" Nash asks as i sit down on my bed.

"I went to the hospital, and i got a scan of my tonsils and throat. I got my vocals tested and they said i can never sing again. They said if i ever sing again it can affect me Physicaly, mentally and emotionally" I say with tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Oh, Shawn" Alex says with tears in her eyes

"I'm goimg to have to cancel this tour, but i dont want to let my fans down" i say with a tinge of guilt

"I may have a solution!" Cameron shouts

"What is it?!" We all ask in unison

"Okay so--------"

A/n UPDATE!!

Aww poor Shawn!

Whats cams idea?

You'll soon find out!

Please vote!

Add to libary!

Tell your friends!

i'll be updating again very soon!!

~Em x