Chapter 5

Alex pov

I can't believe shawn asked if I wanted to hang with him tomorrow.  Also asking for my number. I'm just so shocked.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bagel, and filled it with ham and mustard. Two of my favourite tastes. I start to eat my bagel as I receive a text.

I look at my phone and shawn had texted me.

From shawn
I'll pick you up at 12 midday tomorrow, be ready and wear something pretty casual. :)

The second I read the text, I just smiled. I take another bite of my bagel and I pick up my phone to reply to shawn.

To shawn
Okay I'll see you then :)

I hit send and I finish my bagel. I put my plate in the sink and walk upstairs to plan my photography work.

After a few hours of scrolling through twitter for inspiration for my assignment I decide to get beauty sleep for tomorrow.  And I definitely need beauty sleep.

Shawn pov

~ morning~

Thank god its Saturday, I love the feeling on not having to wake up to an alarm.  I roll over and look at my clock. 10:30am. I sigh knowing I should get up otherwise I'll be in my bed for the rest of the day.

I walk to the bathroom and quickly shower myself. I thoroughly wash myself until I was clean.

I step out the shower and grab my towel as I start to dry myself. I spray deodorant and a little cologne. I walk back into my room and walk to my wardrobe to decide what to wear.

I end up choosing a red flannel, black skinny jeans and a pair of blue vans. I look in the mirror checking if the look worked, and thankfully it did.

I walk downstairs and look at the clock on the wall. 11:30. Wow I took a long time to get ready. Alex's house is about 5 minutes away so I just sat on the couch for a few minutes.

After doing nothing for 15 minutes,  I grab my car keys and head to my car. I don't use my car for school because there's no reason just to drive myself,  if others came with me I'd consider it.

I put my keys into the ignition and I start to drive to alex's house.

After a few minutes of driving I finally arrive at als house. I step out of my car and walk up to the front door and ring the door bell.

Alex pov

I hardly slept knowing the fact im going out with shawn today. I look at my phone and it was 10:45. I roll out of bed and look in my closet to pick something to wear. I dont bother showering as I had one before I went to sleep.

I look through all my clothes and finally decide to wear a white crop top with a red skater skirt and a pair of galaxy vans. I walk up to my mirror and apply a little concealer.

I walk to the draws next to my bed and i take out my hair straighteners.  I sit on the edge of my bed holding the straighteners waiting for them to heat up. Once they finally heat up I separate my hair and I start to straighten it.

After doing my hair I spray some perfume and body spray onto my body before walking downstairs. I head to the kitchen and grab a glass of water and a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. God this cereal is the shit.

Soon after finishing my cereal I hear the doorbell. It was shawn. I smiled as I walked towards the front door.  I swing the door open and I see shawn standing in the door frame,  he looked so handsome.

"Hi Al" shawn said with a smile "wow you look amazing" he adds

I blush at the fact he complimented me "hey shawny, you don't look too bad yourself" I say with a giggle

"You ready to go?" He asks I nod as I close the front door and follow behind shawn to his car.

I was about to open the door but shawn grabs it before me

"Thank you" I say with a smile while stepping into the car

"No problem" he replies closing the door

He sits into the drivers seat as we start to drive a long the highway.

"So where are we going? " I ask in a happy tone

Shawn just smirks while keeping his eyes on the road

"You'll see Al, we'll be there in a few minutes" he replies

We soon pull up to a lake and it looks sooo pretty.

"Woah shawn, this place is beautiful" I say smiling

Shawn pov

"Woah shawn this place is beautiful" Al says with a smile on her face.

I smile back as I walk around and open her door

"There you go my lady" I say with a laugh and soon al joins in.

I open the back door in the car and I pick up a picnic basket of food I prepared this morning.  I close the door and see alex standing ready to go.

I smile and beacon her to follow me to a patch of green where we sit down and place down the picnic blanket.

"Thanks for this shawn" alex says with a growing smile on her face

I look to the ground noticing she had a Polaroid camera sitrinv on the picnic blanket

"Whats the camera for?" I ask curious

"Oh, its for photography class, we have to capture important moments and special times for an assignment" she replies with fire in her eyes.  She looked so passionate about the subject.

"Shawn, could I take a picture with you?" She asks with hope her eyes, I nod as she shuffles closer to me to take our picture.

"Should we smile or pull stupid faces?" She asks

"We could do both" I state with a grin. She nods as we both pull a stupid face. She looked beautiful even acting stupid. Damn I've fell hard.

Alex then holds the camera flat so the photo can develop.  She places it on the picnic blanket so the image can appear. While waiting we take a nice photo of us both smiling.

"You can have this one" she says handing me the photo of us smiling

"Thanks" I say giving her a hug. I'll treasure this photo forever

**a few hours later**

(Still shawns pov)

I dropped alex off at home about half an hour ago. I sit on the couch just looking at the photo of us.

I take my phone out and take a picture of the picture. I open up twitter and post the photo.

@shawnmendes

Had a great dqy wih @alexsmith ♡ picture image attached.

After a few minutes my phone is blowing up with notifications from twitter,  all from the photo I posted.

I look at the comments and they all were so nice. 'Omg I ship it', '#Salex'

I couldn't help but smile at my phone screen. Maybe this could happen.  Maybe Salex could become a thing

A/n Soo Salex could become something!! Do you ship it?
Anyway thanks for reading!
I'll update again soon.

Social media

Twitter- @nashs_arizona

~em