Chapter 3 -

Chapter 3 - 

"Jacob, who were those men? The ones with the crosses?" You questioned and turned to look at him.

"They're called Templars." Jacob said, "Evie and I are Assassins. You could say we're direct enemies working against each other all the time." He then went on to explain it all the best he could, "Evie might murder me for telling you all this so soon... she saw potential in you so she agreed with me about training you in the first place."

"I thought you were only going to train me to fight you?" You furrowed your brows and looked away from him.

"That was the plan to begin with, yes." He paused, "Evie decided to watch one of our sessions and spoke to me about it when I returned to the train." He explained, "Y/N, what I'm trying to say is- I think you'd make a fine assassin working alongside me, Evie and Greenie."

"Well, it seems I know too much now to leave." You laughed.

"See, you understand." He laughed along with you.

You successfully delivered supplies to the Rooks' stronghold in Whitechapel with Jacob. You were stood idly by as he was instructing his men. A group of them then headed to the closest carriage they could find and rode off. Jacob then turned to you and a smile appeared on his face as he walked towards you.

"Well, Y/N, the first thing I'd like to do is get you out of that dress." He announced, taking a piece of the fabric on your bust into his fingers.

"Jacob-"

"What? You can't possibly brawl in this thing, can you?" He added with a smirk.

You rolled your eyes knowing he had chosen his words carefully in an attempt to get a rise out of you and it had worked. Your cheeks were reddened. 

"Very well." You muttered and headed inside one of the buildings to change into more comfortable clothing. When you came back out you saw Jacob looking visibly frustrated. You approached him quickly just as one of his Rooks ran off, "Jacob?"

"I'll have to postpone today's lesson, Y/N." Jacob told you and began walking towards a carriage.

"What? Why?" You followed behind him.

"My men were supposed to be hijacking a carriage from the Blighters but it's all gone wrong so I'll have to intervene." He answered and climbed onto the carriage and took the reins. You climbed up and sat beside him, "Y/N- this is dangerous. I can't let you join me."

"You're wasting time protesting. I want to help you." 

Jacob didn't say anymore and you headed off. Part of you still wanted to prove yourself to him so you were determined to assist him in anyway you could. You arrived in Lambeth shortly after. You both climbed down from the carriage. You followed Jacob to the site where the hijacking would take place. He turned to you with a serious look on his face. He stared for a minute, not saying a word. His eyes scanned your features for any ounce of uncertainty.

"Right. Y/N. Many people will die. Are you prepared?" He looked at you carefully and when you didn't reply right away he began walking away from the area, brushing past you, "Perhaps it isn't time for you yet-"

He was cut off by the fact you ran right for the carriage and climbed into the driver's seat, taking the reins. You wanted to impress him. You were still trying to prove you weren't just a rich snob incapable of doing anything. You yanked them tightly, prompting the horses to begin moving. The Blighters guarding it began running towards you, aiming their weapons. Jacob was astonished for a second before gaining his composure, climbing up onto the back of the cart and shooting those that were aiming at you.