Chapter 17 -

Chapter 17 -

You came to the entrance of the palace and you were welcomed inside easily. Jacob got out of the carriage first and held the door open for you and Evie. You both then followed the man to the outside ballroom. Evie announced she was going for the piece of Eden.

"There is no sense in both of us going up there. It is too risky." You told the woman and she nodded.

"I shall get the plans, Y/N. Wait here." She told you and off she went.

You walked down onto the square where all the people were dancing. You intended to find a quiet area to stand alone. Your wrist was grabbed as you were walking across and you came face to face with none other than Starrick.

"Y/N. May I have this dance?"

You had no other choice but to comply. You needed to wait for Evie. Starrick held onto your hand and you reluctantly began to dance.

Jacob hadn't left to meet with Freddie yet. He watched the entire exchange and so desperately wanted to run over and kill Starrick then and there for even touching you. The only thing that stopped him was the fact he had a task to do and knew Starrick wouldn't kill you in plain sight.

"You are quite resilient, my dear. I did not expect you to survive for so long."

"I have been trained well."

"You would have been trained far better if you had listened to your husband-to-be." Starrick reminded you of the god awful fact you were engaged to him and it made you feel sick.

"I doubt it. You are too arrogant. In the end you will not achieve what you set out to."

"But aren't you and the people around you repeating the same steps? But if one man could remember the dance? Could know the time? Then he could change things for the better."

"I have had enough-" You tried walking away but the man stopped you.

"This dance is nearly over. Soon the people will forget the generation on this terrace, the ruin you nearly wrought on London. When the music ceases, Y/N, your time is up - and mine begins."

It was then that you saw Evie speaking with the queen. She seemed nervous as she left. Evie then approached you and Starrick as if she could sense your discomfort. Evie shooed you out of the way and danced with Starrick herself.

You gained some distance from Evie and Starrick and waited for the signal from Jacob. You saw Jacob wave from the roof and you turned to look at Evie. She looked panicked as the felt around her neck. You hurried up to her and she went to the pond.

You realised Starrick had somehow taken the key to the vault. Jacob emerged with the bag full of your clothing. 

"Here. The location of the vault. Go!" Evie handed her brother a piece of paper.

"Just like that? No plan?"

"No time for plans. We'll catch up with you as soon as we are rid of these infernal contraptions."

Jacob nodded and dived into the pond to get towards the vault. You and Evie hurried to change and gather your weapons. You heard an explosion and rushed even more.

You both tossed your dresses aside and ran across the grass towards the pond where a crowd had gathered. You and Evie pushed through the crowd and dived into the pond. 

When you emerged, you both killed the templars surrounding the vault entrance slyly. You hopped down into the entrance of the vault and slid down along with Evie. Then it was a run through the tunnels leading to the main room.