Emerald

It's the ring...

Napahawak ako sa sakit ng ulo ko. Pero agad ding nawala iyon.

This ring...this is the last thing I held before the accident happened. Ito ang dahilan kung bakit ako naaksidente.

*flashback*

"I'll make things right Kisses. Please, just give me time. I will fix myself. Will you wait for me?"

"I'll wait"

"I love you" I said while cupping her face.

"I love you more"

I gave her my last hug and kiss before I left.

While on my way home, I dialled my bestfriend's number.

"Marcus!! Guess what?"

"You sound so happy Donny, what's up?"

"Kisses just gave me another chance. She said she'll wait for me while I fix myself."

"Kisses?? What??"

"I asked her for another chance. I realized that I can't lose her. I love her so much, Marcus. This time, I'll make things right, I'll fight for her and I'll never ever let her go."

"Ngayon mo lang narealize yan?"

I sighed.

"Marcus, I'm so sorry. Alam mo namang wala akong magawa noon. Hindi ko magawang suwayin mga magulang ko."

"That's okay..sana ngayon, panindigan mo na mga sinabi mo."

"I will" I said with a smile on my face.

"Pano ba yan? Kailan na ang kasal?" I heard him chuckled on the line.

We talked for few minutes more then I ended the call.

Kasal.

I know it's too early thinking about marriage but me and Kisses have been together for years already and I'm already sure that she's the one. We grew together and I can see my future with her since the day that I met her.

I grabbed a small box from my storage in the car. It contains the ring that lola gave me. It's the emerald ring that has been passed down from generation to generation. I was looking at the beauty of it and all I can see is Kisses wearing it. A smile etched on my face.

The ring was still in my hand when someone called. It slipped when I was about to answer my phone. I don't know what has gotten into me but my immediate action was to search for the ring on my car floorboard.

The moment I found it, I was already in an intersection where a truck was quickly approaching and was honking so loudly. The next thing I know, I was already in a hospital.

*end of flashback*

"They found that on site after the accident." Mommy