Sweetest Yes

Kisses' family decided not to let her continue her studies for the semester. She had an attack the last time she slept with her parents. It was worse than any of her previous attacks. She cried so hard which made it harder for her to breathe. Marcus had to bring down her oxygen tank at 3:30 am from his unit and she passed out for almost 3 hours. We can't bring her to the hospital since it will take longer and it won't be safe for her. We just had a doctor come in to check on her. I was helpless.

Tito and tita had to stay for another week to make sure she's okay. Hannah stayed here for a week too. She didn't want to leave us. Hatid sundo ko na lang ito sa UP para hindi sya mahirapan. Madalas din dumadaan ang buong barkada dito.

Few months passed, Kisses is already doing okay, at least for now. She takes her meds regularly. She barely gets attacks but when she does, it's almost as if she wants to give up already. I have to make sure I am always right beside her and tell her that we'll make it through.

As for me, I still get headaches but I already talked to my parents that I won't be undergoing surgery unless I really need to or unless the pain is unbearable. "I have to be here for Kisses", I told them. They understand naman at hindi naman sila nagkulang sa pagpapaala to take care of myself too. Our business is finally getting back on track. Thanks to the help of Kisses' parents. I am slowly gaining my memories back too, mostly the painful ones but hey bottomline is we're all doing okay.

"Love, what movie do you want to watch?" She asked me while munching on her fishballs. Watching movies or series has been part of our daily routine for few months now. We don't really go out unless we need to. We still hang out with our friends every Saturday pero saglit lang at umaalis din kami agad. We make sure that she doesn't get stressed or feel extreme emotions that she can't handle.

"Ikaw na bahala, Love" I said while I stroke her hair. Ang laki ng pinayat nya and her eyes are always swollen and yet, she's still the most beautiful in my eyes.

"Love?"

"Yes?" Lumingon sya sakin wearing her beautiful smile again.

"Let's get married."

Tumawa sya ng malakas. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting kaya sinabayan ko na lang ito sa pagtawa nya.

"Ikaw talaga Love, joker ka. Manood na nga lang tayo." At binalik nya tingin nya sa tv. I sighed.

When she wasn't looking, I texted Hannah and Marcus. We exchanged messages for few hours until I got the message I wanted.

"Love, let's go out tonight after my meeting."

"Where to?" She asked but her eyes were still fixed on the tv.

"Dinner and sa special place natin."

"Stargazing???" She suddenly turned her head to me with her eyes sparkling bright. I nodded then she clapped in excitement like a kid.

I left her unit at 2:30 in the afternoon to meet with Hannah. I lied. I told her I was going to meet clients. The boys were there when I left. I always make sure na may kasama sya everytime kailangan kong umalis. Never na namin syang pinasolo since the day she had her worst attack.

"Noots, choose something simple and beautiful."

We're in a mall right now, Hannah's helping me out in making my last preparations.

"Kuys, this is the 7th dress I showed you. Ni isa wala kang nagustuhan!"

I rolled my eyes on her and she did the same to me.