Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning, a grin on my face as I thought about last night with Conor. I could hear two voices speaking, muffled by the wall that separated the guest room and the kitchen. I rolled out of bed and got dressed and ready for the day, shoving everything back into my overnight bag. The voices became more clear as I approached the kitchen. When I came through the door, Conor and his best friend Anth looked over at me.

"Morning." Conor said, glancing at me with a half smile on his face. He was standing by the sink, leaning against the counter with his hands on the granite countertop. "Food's on the table."

"Provided by yours truly." Anth joked, cracking a smile at me. "'Sup Layla?" He said casually.

"Morning." I replied to Conor. "Hey, Anth. You're the best." I smiled, sitting beside him and taking a donut out of the box. Donuts were always our go-to breakfast when we were hanging out.

Conor came back over to the table, handing me a cup of coffee and sitting down with his own.

Anth was already sipping on his as I took a bite out of a donut."So, Conor told me what happened yesterday." Anth said.

I stopped chewing and shot Conor a look as he stirred his coffee, a small smile on his face. I looked back over at Anth.

"You know, about Jay hanging around your apartment." He continued.

I let out a breath and my heart rate started returning to normal. "Oh, yeah. I'm sure he didn't stay all night, though, so I should be okay to go back home now."

"Do you want one of us to go with you just in case?" Conor asked.

I shook my head. "It's fine, Hannah should be home soon, anyway. I'll call her when I'm on my way."He nodded, taking a sip of his coffee.

"So what'd you guys do last night?" Anth asked casually.

I saw Conor glance at me out of the corner of my eye but I ignored it, doing my best to act normal. "The usual. Food, movies. What were you up to?"

"I had a date." He smirked.

"How'd it go?" I asked, turning my full attention to him.

"Eh, I probably won't see her again." He shrugged. "Fun while it lasted though."

I nodded. The small talk was driving me crazy but I couldn't think of anything to say. I was usually so comfortable around these guys, but all I could think about was Conor on top of me last night. As if he could read my thoughts, Anth looked at his phone and stood up.

"I gotta head out, I'll hit you up later." He said to Conor, grabbing his coffee and sticking a donut in his mouth. "Bye, Layla." He muttered.

Conor nodded back at him. "Later, mate."

"Thanks for the food." I smiled.He gave us one last wave before heading out the door, leaving us in silence.

Conor's smirk grew to a mischievous grin as he turned to look at me. "You actually thought I told Anth about what we did last night?" He laughed.

I sighed. "I thought I was going to throw up. Don't do that to me again!"

He laughed even louder. "It was fun to watch you squirm."

I rolled my eyes. "We're keeping this between us though, right?"

"I don't suppose anyone really needs to know." He shrugged.

"I think it would complicate things." I replied, standing up and taking my mug to the sink.

As I was rinsing it out, I felt a pair of hands on my waist. I turned the water off, and turned around to face him as I dried my hands with a towel. He placed his hands on the counter on either side of me, leaning forward."Can I ask you a personal question?"